Options

E|csa

ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
Well I have been studying for a while for GCIH and I have been using E|CSA/LPT material to supplement the training. I wasn't planning on taking E|CSA, but when I passed it by my employer they seemed interested I suppose due to the title.

I am going to be sitting for the exam tomorrow.

I don't see much talk about this certification I suppose due to it not being very popular, but I will write some information about my exam experience tomorrow, which hopefully will help anyone who is interested.

Test Prep material:
- SANS Sec 504 GCIH Course
- E|CSA/LPT Course through Career Academy
- Self-implemented labs/attacks/analysis
CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA

Comments

• Options
    carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    ibcritn wrote: »
    Well I have been studying for a while for GCIH and I have been using E|CSA/LPT material to supplement the training. I wasn't planning on taking E|CSA, but when I passed it by my employer they seemed interested I suppose due to the title.

I am going to be sitting for the exam tomorrow.

I don't see much talk about this certification I suppose due to it not being very popular, but I will write some information about my exam experience tomorrow, which hopefully will help anyone who is interested.

Test Prep material:
    - SANS Sec 504 GCIH Course
    - E|CSA/LPT Course through Career Academy
    - Self-implemented labs/attacks/analysis

I took the test last week. Felt like I was taking CEH all over again.

My recommendations:

Have familiarity with Nmap, cisco devices "statistics", hping, ftp, Nmap, sql injection, xss, tcp/ip. Also, make sure you are familiar with Nmap.

As for the cisco related stuff, I find it weird that they would throw some of the questions they did in there. You'll see what I mean.

Good luck!
  • Options
    carboncopy wrote: »
    I took the test last week. Felt like I was taking CEH all over again.

My recommendations:

Have familiarity with Nmap, cisco devices "statistics", hping, ftp, Nmap, sql injection, xss, tcp/ip. Also, make sure you are familiar with Nmap.

As for the cisco related stuff, I find it weird that they would throw some of the questions they did in there. You'll see what I mean.

Good luck!

Thanks! I feel I have Nmap down and I am not afraid of some Cisco questions!

I will report back after exam.

• Options
    Well I passed.

It was quite an odd exam....it wasn't what I expected exactly and some of the questions could use some updating if you ask me. Some of the tools they mentioned were dated and better solutions exist.

Oddly, enough a sys admin background will help as they have many networking/server questions....yes they touch on cisco quite a bit which was very surprising, but welcomed as I have no problem with Cisco :)

I felt the exam was easier than C|EH.

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man! Keep up the momentum! :)
  • Options
    Congrats man! Keep up the momentum! :)

Thanks! Good luck on your up-coming Certs.

• Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and thanks for the review!
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. Have you ever seen E|CSA on a job description in your area? I looked in my neck of the woods and found none.