Keep Aironet wireless or eBay

geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
Okay, so I have been cleaning out the stuff in the office and selling it on eBay for moeny to buy lab gear with. Came across two Cisco Aironet 1130AG APs. There is a chance I might move on to wireless, but these are stand alone units and I am not sure there will be a use for them. Any lab uses for them or eBay them for gear?

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    geek4god wrote: »
    Okay, so I have been cleaning out the stuff in the office and selling it on eBay for moeny to buy lab gear with. Came across two Cisco Aironet 1130AG APs. There is a chance I might move on to wireless, but these are stand alone units and I am not sure there will be a use for them. Any lab uses for them or eBay them for gear?

The Cisco wireless track does cover Autonomous AP's.. (Not as much as LWAP's) So if their is a possible you are going to go into Wireless they could be useful.

Plus if you plan on pursuing anything from CWNP (Which is multi-vendor) you can always turn them on in close proximity of each and lab with RF stuff.

Depends on your plans.

(Plus LWAP functionality is an IOS upgrade away)
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    The Cisco wireless track does cover Autonomous AP's.. (Not as much as LWAP's) So if their is a possible you are going to go into Wireless they could be useful.

Plus if you plan on pursuing anything from CWNP (Which is multi-vendor) you can always turn them on in close proximity of each and lab with RF stuff.

Depends on your plans.

(Plus LWAP functionality is an IOS upgrade away)

I have two and that is what I need to know, thanks!