Most valuable member?

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
I was looking at the petri.co.il forums just then and they seem to elect a Most Valuable Member every month. Seems like a good idea for our forums too, what ya'll say. Forum admins / mods?
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We already do that. Since none of us would be here if it wasn't for Webmaster, he always wins member of the month. Here's a copy of the wall with the member of the month pictures.

2011 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2010 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2009 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2008 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2007 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2006 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2005 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2004 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2003 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2002 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif

The time spent voting could probably be put to better use answering questions.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Let's exclude him then, sure he's the most vital cog in the wheel and would take the vote each time, but let's exclude him?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    As I recall petri started that as a promotion for Trainsignal that gave away product to the lucky member. I don't know if that still goes on but that is the basic genesis. I joined TE under a different name when a bunch of us rebelled and left the mad Russians site after Johan started TE. Been happy with how it has developed, and I agree with Mike. Considering the hundreds of lurkers that frequent here any time of the day I think that he has done a championship job gimick free.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    If you exclude Johan then it'll be the various mods that keep everything in check.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    mikej412 wrote: »
    We already do that. Since none of us would be here if it wasn't for Webmaster, he always wins member of the month. Here's a copy of the wall with the member of the month pictures.

2011 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2010 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2009 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2008 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2007 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2006 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2005 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2004 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2003 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif
    2002 icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif My head would be bigger than the one in my avatar if I walked into an office with such a wall everyday. Without you all I wouldn't be here either. icon_thumright.gif

We're all here to learn and share which makes you all equally 'valuable' imo regardless of your activity and post count/contents. I think with the rep feature, "thank you" replies on threads and PMs we have enough options already to show appreciation to helpful members and don't need additional incentives for members to post more.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I agree with Johan