Options

CompTIA JK0-015 vs 201....

karlomarxkarlomarx Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, just realized I am taking the CompTIA
JK0-015 tomorrow and not the 201 version.

Does anyone know what the difference ?

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    karlomarx wrote: »
    Hey, just realized I am taking the CompTIA
    JK0-015 tomorrow and not the 201 version.

Does anyone know what the difference ?

There is no difference as far as the objectives go. It is a different exam code for students. All the material for SY0-201 can be used for JK0-015. JK series of exams is "Education to Careers (E2C)" program. Also see on the right section of this page. I just took the JK0-015 exam today.
  • Options
    Good to know.

1 question for you or the board.

Are there questions that just ask... pick the right answer? Meaning, it could be 1,2,3, or all of them and the question doesn't say Pick (1,2,3 or 4 of the answers)?

Does that make sense? I've noticed that I get a bunch of the questions (from practice exams) when I don't know how many answers to give?

Cheers!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good to know.

1 question for you or the board.

Are there questions that just ask... pick the right answer? Meaning, it could be 1,2,3, or all of them and the question doesn't say Pick (1,2,3 or 4 of the answers)?

Does that make sense? I've noticed that I get a bunch of the questions (from practice exams) when I don't know how many answers to give?

Cheers!

I think answering that would go against the NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) that we signed.
  • Options
    Gotcha. Well I'm just going to say that I am not a fan of questions when you dont know how many answers you need to give to get it right.

Done venting.

Back to studying.

Cheers!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gotcha. Well I'm just going to say that I am not a fan of questions when you dont know how many answers you need to give to get it right.

Done venting.

Back to studying.

Cheers!

Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options

I am not sure which practice exams you are referring to here. This is what I learnt before even I thought of taking the exams(CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, etc.):

Almost all the exams (not just CompTIA exams) have instructions at the beginning of the test. The instructions there clearly explain the choices and type of questions. Also, the questions themselves might come with instructions.

Based on books and other materials for exams (again any exam), almost all the end of the book questions as well as review questions are a good indication of the difficulty as well as the type of questions.

I suspect, you are getting ahead of yourself here.... Please, browse through a few books at a store or elsewhere, to learn about the exams. CompTIA exams related books for Network+ and Security+ have at least a section devoted to preparing for exam and taking the exam. Some even have lengthy sections about study and test taking strategy.
  • Options
    I hear ya.

I took the SANS GCIA exam a few months ago and the questions had instructions.

Seeing I'm taking it at 1245pm tomorrow... just gotta do with what I have.

Wish I found this website helluva lot earlier!

Thanks!
  • Options
    Pre-exam jitters....

For ID I just need my Drivers Licence and Passport....si?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Pre-exam jitters....
    For ID I just need my Drivers Licence and Passport....si?

You need two forms of ID. One should have photo. Both should have signature.
    So, the above two you listed work.