Options

Mcitp ea

O'HurleyO'Hurley Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok, so I havent been on the site in a long time, but I was reading somewhere that the exams have changed and I just bought the MCITP self Paced training kit. Could someone please explain this change and give advice on what to do next?
Currently Working On:
-70-680, MCITP Enterprise Admin,
-B.S. I.T (Net Design, Mgmt.)
Currently Using/Reading:
-Labsim 70-680
-MS Press 70-680

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    The exams have been updated to include features in Server 2008 R2.

Check out some of the updated info in the resource sticky posts to get additional information on the R2 features.
  • Options
    O'HurleyO'Hurley Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Claymoore wrote: »
    The exams have been updated to include features in Server 2008 R2.

Check out some of the updated info in the resource sticky posts to get additional information on the R2 features.

So should I return the books, hold off on studies, and wait until the 2nd edition books come out?
    Currently Working On:
    -70-680, MCITP Enterprise Admin,
    -B.S. I.T (Net Design, Mgmt.)
    Currently Using/Reading:
    -Labsim 70-680
    -MS Press 70-680
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    O'Hurley wrote: »
    So should I return the books, hold off on studies, and wait until the 2nd edition books come out?

I was about to ask this same question, my books cover 2008 only, should I study using 2008 R2 or just 2008?
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    You need to include R2 info in your studies, just don't get too stressed when you see 'you are the administrator of a 2008 R2 domain' in the question and let that throw your answer off.

Several people added R2 specific information to the resource stickies above, and the first R2 study guide will be out in about 6 weeks.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Claymoore wrote: »
    You need to include R2 info in your studies, just don't get too stressed when you see 'you are the administrator of a 2008 R2 domain' in the question and let that throw your answer off.

Several people added R2 specific information to the resource stickies above, and the first R2 study guide will be out in about 6 weeks.

Cool thanks, I ended up ordering the Mastering 2008 R2 book based on reviews here to get a head start.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't wait, it will be few months before new books published.