Options

2nd interview

skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
So after a month delay from initially setting up the interview to nailing it last week. I received a phone call yesterday for 2nd interview. yay me! Not to get into all the details regarding the job. Its more $$$ and better (up to date) technology. Now my question(s) to the forum.

I was asked to bring any supporting documents.. ??? I completely forgot to clarify what that meant. I am only to assume they meant my MS Transcript, not sure what else I could bring.

The 2nd interview is in a laid back environment, it's at a local coffee shop. I have had "team" meetings before at various coffee shop's but never an interview. Anything I need/should be aware of?

I intended to sit my 70-647 last Saturday but because of life I couldn't. I am all set for next Monday. With my interview on Tuesday when I pass this exam it won't be updated on my transcript by then, wondering if I should bring my test scores you are given at the end of the exam?

Thanks!
Goals for '11
MCITP: EA
ITIL
CCNA

Studying:
MS press book 70-680

Comments

• Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have an "interview kit" at the ready :)
    (it's actually a red-binder)
    I would think that "supporting documents" refers to basically any certificate for training listed on my resume.
    Do you have proof of the qualifications that you listed on your application/resume?
    If you listed batch-files/scripting, can you present examples of your scripting?
    etc...

I suppose until you do get your official certificate the score report will have to do.
    I usually ask if there is anything in particular, or if they require extra copies of my resume.
    My kit usually contains at least two extra copies on resume-grade paper as standard, unless they specify a quantity i'll just print up about 3-4 extra ones on plain paper.

I don't think they would be offended if you do call them tomorrow and ask if there is anything specific, maybe throw out a few suggestions and see if any of them might jog their thought process. Some interviewers may not have thought the entire thing through and may only think up of something they'd like to see during the interview.
    This may happen if they have a LOW staff rotation and don't usually conduct a lot of interviews.

Here's the contents of my red binder from page one (they're in document protectors, i'm not punching holes in any certificate)
    1) Bachelor's Degree
    2) College Transcript
    3) CCENT certificate
    4) Network+ certificate
    5) A+ certificate
    6) spare copy of resume on high quality paper
    7) spare spare copy of resume on high quality paper
    icon_cool.gif a bunch of copies of my resume on plain copy paper
    9) passport and my drivers license in my wallet (in case they ask for proof of work eligibility)
    10) a list of reference contact #'s (they usually don't ask for it on the first interview, but it keep them all together so i don't have to hunt around for stuff like that)