Got MCP Today - Took Test 70-306

ethanpackethanpack Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, got my MCP today in Developing Windows-Based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET (70-306)

I was wondering if there were any other programmers/software developer-types that use TechExams.Net Forums? If there are enough of us, maybe the webmaster will set up a MCAD & MCSD forum for us!!

Good luck everyone!
Myself.Name = "Ethan Pack";

10 HOME
20 SWEET
30 GOTO 10

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations on your Pass!

Not certain about who all is interested in a whole forum, but perhaps there could be enough interest. For the interim, this is a good place to post questions.

If not in 'Other Electives'??
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • ethanpackethanpack Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks,

During my prep for the 70-306 I (sadly) found that there are very few forums/resources for individuals persuing the MCAD or MCSD certification - which actually might not be a bad thing, since I'm not a fan of "every guy in the neighborhood having an MCAD/MCSD."

But it would be nice to exchange ideas with folks like I experienced here with the A+ and Network+ forums.
    Myself.Name = "Ethan Pack";

10 HOME
    20 SWEET
    30 GOTO 10
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!

We'll be adding forums for several certs/exams this year, and we want to included an MCSD forum, an MCAD/MCSD forum sounds like a good idea.

As Plantwiz mentioned, in the meanwhile feel free to post your questions and relevant info in this forum. Once I created the forum, I will move any related topics to it.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    congrats on ur pass ethanpack.

Best of Luck on the rest of the exams.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Congrats!

Personally, I can't stand VB. I had one class on it and I still have to take one more. icon_cry.gif
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    /usr, the secret to mastering VB.net is to master OOP concepts in C++ and/or Java. Actually, i'd say the secret to becoming a good programmer is to master those concepts. Nothing really works in this world without OOPS. And that's not to mention using VB.net, because basically everything in it is classes and objects.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Though I am by no means a master of Java, I know enough to pick up other languages fairly easily.

I was just turned off by VB. Keep in mind that I didn't use .NET, so I have no idea how it compares. I just couldn't stand the "Drag text box, make pretty forms, code the forms." Obviously it's much more complex than that and I'm exagerating, but I just prefer seeing and stepping through lots of actual code.

Then again, the book we used was horrible, so maybe it really isn't that bad.