Anyone use the CCENT Transcender to Pass?

Dustin.ciscoDustin.cisco Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've purchased the CCENT Transcender and wondering if anyone who has used it as well and passed found it as a huge help.

I've used it for A+ and Net+ and it did well for me but Cisco is quite different than your Fact Memorization Exams like CompTIA.

Comments

• Jas21Jas21 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey, I just passed ICND1 - I found a combination of resources really helped me - I used Boson Ex Sim, CBT Nuggets videos, Odoms book, as well as the ICND1 and 2 pack from configureterminal.com (the command memoriser is worth the cost IMHO)

Whatever you use I think it won't do you any harm to see other material and resources

Good luck!
  • Dustin.ciscoDustin.cisco Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have Student Loans im paying off so im more limited to funds for the resources =P
  • j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    Don't be too quick to poo poo the recommendations of other members. How much research have you put into this?

The Boson and the CBT nuggets are the more expensive of the options they offered up. Heck, check out Chris' stuff.

I don't know what your financial situation is like but it seems as though you're looking for something free. That isn't going to happen.
    I've watched CBT nuggets and Chris Byrants videos from college, also have Todds CCENT book. So i have my resources just not wanting to pay for anymore.

Sticking to the main point of the post who has found the CCENT Transcender a huge help for taking the exam?
  • Jas21Jas21 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well you used it for A+ and Net+, so it must work!?
    icon_cheers.gif
    lol ya but i fell A+ and Net+ where more memorization as the Cisco exams actually test your ability and not just knowledge.

What's scaring me is those Simlets! Which the Transcender doesn't provide icon_cry.gif

I like the Transcender for the CCENT the reason i ask is. I get some questions from it that i haven't even heard about through the Training Videos and books i've read.

Some of the questions are way out there.

Would appreciate feed back from anyone who has used the CCENT Transcender themselves and found the questions relevant to the actual exam.

Much appreciated!
  • dfusion2000dfusion2000 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lol ya but i fell A+ and Net+ where more memorization as the Cisco exams actually test your ability and not just knowledge.

What's scaring me is those Simlets! Which the Transcender doesn't provide icon_cry.gif

I like the Transcender for the CCENT the reason i ask is. I get some questions from it that i haven't even heard about through the Training Videos and books i've read.

Some of the questions are way out there.

Would appreciate feed back from anyone who has used the CCENT Transcender themselves and found the questions relevant to the actual exam.

Much appreciated!

No one has any input on this? My wife is studying for the CCENT. The whole CCNA program has radically changed since I got my CCNA. She is watching CBT Nuggets but I'd like to know the opinions of Transcender vs. Boson and the quality of questions/explanations.