UPDATE: Failed | ICND2 in 7 Hours

ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I will be taking another shot at the ICND2 exam in 7 hours. I feel that i am better prepared this time. The last time i took the exam I failed with a 690. I feel confident that i will do better this time.

I have been using the CBT Nuggets videos and the Sybex CCNA book for my study materials, along with my home lab and packet tracer.

I am not doing any last minute cramming or anything like that. I got a good nights sleep last night and I am going to spend the day relaxing and going over stuff in my head and preparing myself for the onslaught that is the ICND2.

I will post back in ~7.5 hours on the verdict.

-Ziggi

Comments

• tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck and i wish you obtain the CCNA! ;)
  • -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    Go Go Get ur CCNA this time icon_thumright.gif GL Mate
  • Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Good Luck! Let us know how it was!!
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Good Luck holmes. icon_thumright.gif
  • blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck brother! icon_cheers.gif
  • Javi437Javi437 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!!!!
    CCENT
  • jdfriesenjdfriesen Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck to you. There is no feeling in the world like passing this test.
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, I ended up failing the exam again with a 690. I would have done better had the simlet not crashed. I had to blindly guess at the questions in the simlet. I dont know if i would have passed it or not had i been able to complete the simlet correctly, but i think itto would have been close.
  • lochmoighlochmoigh Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ziggi138 wrote: »
    Well, I ended up failing the exam again with a 690. I would have done better had the simlet not crashed. I had to blindly guess at the questions in the simlet. I dont know if i would have passed it or not had i been able to complete the simlet correctly, but i think itto would have been close.

Did you call them to complain?
    Currently Reading:
    ICND2 Official Exam Guide
    Second Edition Wendell Odom
    CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802
    31 days Before your CCNA Allan Johnson
    Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

Looking for IT openings in East TN
  • jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    Call Pearson Vue and ask for a refund and take it again. Did you tell the testing center about the crash?
    WGU grad
  • seekritseekrit Member Posts: 103
    What was the scoring breakdown?
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Call Pearson Vue and ask for a refund and take it again. Did you tell the testing center about the crash?

+1. Definitely give them a call.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have been using the CBT Nuggets videos and the Sybex CCNA book for my study materials, along with my home lab and packet tracer.
    What's your previous Cisco experience? IT Experience.

The Nuggets are a GREAT additional resource.

Todd's book is GREAT for subnetting (for a networking/IT noob), and might be enough for a Cisco Vet who just needs to hit the highlights for the exam and maybe find out what they need to brush up and read up on for the exam that they don't touch in their day-to-day Cisco job.

If you're a Cisco noob (and haven't been at least an MCSA/MCSE for the past couple of years with at least some exposure to Cisco hardware and/or the Networking Team that does) then you should probably read Odom's Cisco Press CCNA Certification Library (or at least the ICND2 book).

If you don't actually plan to try for a Cisco Networking job and are leaning more Microsoft in your certification future, then The Chris Bryant Ultimate CCNA Study Guide ( CCNA CCNP Cisco Security Certification Exam, CCNA Boot Camp CBT ) might be enough to get you over the hump.

But if you are targeting a "Cisco Career" you definitely need the "Cisco CCNA Foundation" that the Odom books provide.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't tell the testing center about it, and besides, i doubt one simlet would be worth 135 points. I am not really worried about it anyway. I will just hit the books and knock it out of the park next time.
  • -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    Failure is one step more closer to Success!
    GL
  • jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    I didn't tell the testing center about it, and besides, i doubt one simlet would be worth 135 points. I am not really worried about it anyway. I will just hit the books and knock it out of the park next time.

A phone call isn't worth 125 bucks?
    WGU grad