Options

An old schooler just beginning MCITP

JonskiJonski Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, after 15+ years in the MS support and sysadmin sphere, I've finally decided to put my money where my mouth is and get MCITP (EA).

I'd appreciate any advice for an old schooler. I can remember back to NT4 SP2, Banyan Vines, Win 95 yada yada all in commercial environments. I'm familiar with 2K3, and I'm getting up to speed on 2K8 R2. I'm currently teaching myself Powershell and loving it. I've learned what I know through the school of hard knocks and consider myself equal to MCSE engineers, at least in native cunning and thinking on my feet in SME and enterprise environments. But it's time to take the plunge and find out what I don't know.

So I've ordered the MS Press Self-paced training kit 2K8 EA Core Requirements pack, which should arrive soon. I plan to start working through them but I'm worried that my experience may play against me. I've tried other self training books and sometimes find my eyes glazing over and my thoughts wandering as I read stuff I know but still need to check the fine detail of.

What advice does anyone have to give me?

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the forums!

You have plenty of experience, there shouldnt be too much of a problem for you. Just one bit of advice : Just lab the hell out of it. Install VMware Server/Workstation and chuck on a few VM's, install 08 R2 and lab away...
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com