Options

Final Tips going to sit CCNA, Sec in a few days.

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello All,

I have been studying for the CCNA Security exam for a few months and I think I'm pretty much ready to put this puppy away and start the CCNP R&S or maybe CCNP Sec.

I lab everyday, I have a decent lab at home that I work on everyday. I've read the Catherine Paquet book, done the CBT Security Nuggets and Train Signal videos as well. I work on VPNs on a daily basis at work with ASAs. I also work with routers and switches on a daily basis. I should be ready for this test now. I'm also getting tired of going over and over things. I can navigate through SDM with my eyes closed.

Any final thoughts and tips before I take this test?

Thanks!
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    viper75 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I have been studying for the CCNA Security exam for a few months and I think I'm pretty much ready to put this puppy away and start the CCNP R&S or maybe CCNP Sec.

I lab everyday, I have a decent lab at home that I work on everyday. I've read the Catherine Paquet book, done the CBT Security Nuggets and Train Signal videos as well. I work on VPNs on a daily basis at work with ASAs. I also work with routers and switches on a daily basis. I should be ready for this test now. I'm also getting tired of going over and over things. I can navigate through SDM with my eyes closed.

Any final thoughts and tips before I take this test?

Thanks!
    I was in your shoes up until last night... Exactly the same situation: Paquet, Nuggets, TrainSignal, even the daily VPN on ASA at work... :)
    Started getting sick of going over the same material over and over (there is not much content in this exam, to be honest, comparing to CCNA), and by the end of third week of studying just wanted to be done with it...
    Passed the exam this morning, 933/1000. The exam is rather straightforward, no tricks, if you have a certain level of confidence in your knowledge I'd take it as a sign that you will pass this exam.
    Final tips: Have a good rest for the next few days, do a quick final review/refresh on the night before and go get that deserved title :) Good luck!
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Hopefully your vision is good. The SDM interface questions were terribly done and very difficult to read. Otherwise, good luck!
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck,

Ah yes, I know this situation... If you study any more you will be losing marks LOL...

Go for it, and yes a good rest the night before is the most important thing you can do.

Let us know how you went!!! :)

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...