Pass! My regimen and .02$:

RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed today with an 875! icon_cheers.gif Read Myers AIO, taking notes and making flash cards as I went. Once done with the book I watched the Professor Messer's videos for anything that I felt I didn't know cold. Reread some of the book parts (routing protocols, command line stuff) and then practiced as much as I could on my PC and virtual Operating Systems so I had some, albeit very little, hands on experience with the command line/terminal tools and switches.

My advice to those studying: don't sweat the details too much. Obviously some of the details like port numbers and command line tools are no-brainers (need to know), but you won't need to write an essay comparing and contrasting the intricacies of OSPF and EIGRP icon_wink.gif. You DO need to understand and be able to subnet. As long as you understand the objectives and their concepts/characteristics/definitions, you'll be able to understand what the question s really testing and you'll be fine.

Next up: Security+. See you guys in that forum.

Thanks to all who've posted advice, and best of luck to those studying!
Studying for: Linux+; C|EH

Comments

• Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • nimrod.sixty9nimrod.sixty9 Banned Posts: 125 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good looking score to boot

How much subnetting did you have? Refering to your skill and test questions.
    I just cant understand the stuff. I can do the math, powers of 2 etc... but Im apparently still missing something.
  • RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nimrod, there wasn't a ton of it. Im sorry I cant say more, but you do sign a non-disclosure. I'd recommend reading the Meyers chapter (or whatever book you're using) and then watching Messer's videos.

Once the concept clicks you'll be golden if you understand the binary math. Check out this problem generator as well for extra practice:

IP Subnet Practice

Hope that helps man. Good luck!
  • nimrod.sixty9nimrod.sixty9 Banned Posts: 125 ■□□□□□□□□□
    RPMar52 wrote: »
    Nimrod, there wasn't a ton of it. Im sorry I cant say more, but you do sign a non-disclosure. I'd recommend reading the Meyers chapter (or whatever book you're using) and then watching Messer's videos.

Once the concept clicks you'll be golden if you understand the binary math. Check out this problem generator as well for extra practice:

IP Subnet Practice

Hope that helps man. Good luck!

I understand, wasnt asking to be too datailed :D
    I can do how many subnets, how many hosts, first/last available address in a range a specified IP address falls into. But thats about the extent of it. Do you think with that knowlege I could pass the subnet area of the exam? BTW I get about 9 out of 10 right on subnetquestions.com
  • RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you've got all that down, then I think you'll be just fine. Good luck!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63