Options

The greatest accomplishment of my life

jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
My wife and I welcomed our first child, a little girl named Meghan Bernadette into our lives Sunday evening at 6:02. She's about a month early, and she's a bit small at 4lbs 15 oz, but to me, she's perfect.

My wife was in the hospital for a full 2 weeks prior when he water was breached and began to leak. She was discharged today, but Meghan is going to have to spend a week or 2 (of possibly longer, but hopefully not in NICU) until she reaches a few key milestones to be sure she's healthy.

CCNA, VCP, MCSA... none of those titles mean anything compared to DAD.
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! Enjoy the moment and say goodbye to the studies for a few months...!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations on the new addition!
    It's a great feeling to welcome a child into the world. All the best to you and the Mrs, and Meghan. Be sure to get some extra sleep before the baby comes home.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I like your comment a lot, the title DAD is really AWESOME nothing can really compete with it.

I wish Meghan and mom all the best
  • Options
    -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    Congrats!!!
    " The World's most beautiful things are wrapped in small packages :)"
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Hum, I wonder if there's a market for Cisco Bedtime Stories..... Goldilocks and the 3 Routers and the OSPF DR/BDR Election Process -- or Goldilocks and the 3-way TCP/IP Handshake. Snow White and the 7 layers of the OSI Model.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the New born
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jmritenour wrote: »
    My wife and I welcomed our first child, a little girl named Meghan Bernadette into our lives Sunday evening at 6:02. She's about a month early, and she's a bit small at 4lbs 15 oz, but to me, she's perfect.

My wife was in the hospital for a full 2 weeks prior when he water was breached and began to leak. She was discharged today, but Meghan is going to have to spend a week or 2 (of possibly longer, but hopefully not in NICU) until she reaches a few key milestones to be sure she's healthy.

CCNA, VCP, MCSA... none of those titles mean anything compared to DAD.

Congratulations and good luck with everything. Totally agree on the cert priority there!
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats jmritenour!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Hum, I wonder if there's a market for Cisco Bedtime Stories..... Goldilocks and the 3 Routers and the OSPF DR/BDR Election Process -- or Goldilocks and the 3-way TCP/IP Handshake. Snow White and the 7 layers of the OSI Model.

Stop. Just stop right there! :D
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! yes she will mean far more than any certs :)

so you passed the 9month project, now comes the 18year one ;)

best wishes to you and you family, with my first coming up on 9 months now, I know just how special a time you are in for, some of it may be hard, but boy is it all worth it. You think you feel good now.. Just wait for the first smile... First laugh... First word...

:)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats - that surely is the most expensive certification out there - even though the easiest one :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    Congrats - that surely is the most expensive certification out there - even though the easiest one :p

True! But also the most rewarding

Congratulations Man!!!!icon_cheers.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda