Options

SSL on zen web hosting

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
I am trying to find out if I can get secure HTTPS working on my hosting.

I know I can purchase a certificate of ZEN to do it. But I am not concerned with the authentication, it is for me to insure data send to and from there server to my PC is encrypted, not for e commerce or the general public to use.

Does any one know how you would set this up, I assume that Zen would need to enable it, but on the off chance some one has done this before on home hosting packages.

Cheers

Aaron
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thats a bit crap, zen do not allow self signed certificates! want me to spend £200 a year for them to provide one!!!! might have to start looking for alternate hosting that does allow it. or is there other ways to secure a web page?
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.