SNAF Scheduled for Monday

powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
Well, I scheduled it just a little bit ago. I need to have it done by Tuesday, so I scheduled it for Monday so I had a day to get my expense report filled out in time. Cramming this weekend. I have already gone through the CBT Nuggets once, but I am going to go through again. Then, I am going to play on my ASA 5505 here at home.
2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro

Comments

• powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, I passed this one... but not with as much clarity as before. I did not do a significant amount of preparation for this exam as I have a considerable amount of experience with the Cisco PIX and ASA. The two areas that I am weak, as I have not implemented them, are failover and downloadable ACLs.

I was very impressed with the failover capabilities, especially the active/active firewall setup where you create virtual firewalls on each hardware firewall and have each hardware firewall contain a single active virtual firewall and a single failover virtual firewall. The failover virtual firewall on one hardware firewall supports the active virtual firewall on the other physical firewall, and it is reciprocal.

Anyhow, I have until April 8th to prepare for SNAA. I am going to review some of the concepts on SNAF this weekend and then move on to the SNAA studies. After that, I have a CEH bootcamp, and then I have a solid month and a half to study the IPS exam.
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Wow, you're going fast! Congrats on the passed exam!
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    powerfool wrote: »
    passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your SNAA studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ChooseLife wrote: »
    Wow, you're going fast! Congrats on the passed exam!

The current exams retire on April 8th (the IPSv6 exam on May 31st), and the study materials for the new exams aren't available until June/July. I need to have the entire thing done before this Summer for a couple of projects that I will be working on, and the client requires the CCSP for the work.