Options

APMG Change Analyst vs Change Management vs ITIL v3 ST-SO/RCV+OSA

NadzNadz Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am a Release Manager and my R&R covers/overlaps a lot of Change Management area.

Does anyone have any idea if it is makes sense for someone like me who intends to (eventually) do the all the ITIL v3 Intermediates, to go for the APMG Change Anayst and/or Change Management (Foundation/Practitioner) certs?

I do plan to begin the Intermediate journey soon, starting with either RCV+OSA or ST+SO. But obviously this is going to take some time and won't happen overnight.

I intend to (have to) get another job soon (1-3 months). And would like to use the certification to highlight/compliment my experience/role but also get any extra useful knowledge/learn best practices from of it that I may not have got thru my working experience.

The ITIL v3 Intermediate/Expert journey is going to be a reasonable longer one with substantial investment and it probably will cover the areas, but as I said it will take time. So I was wondering if the APMG Change Analyst, or Change Management will be a better option in the short term. Infact I am thinking of the APMG CMDB one as well.

So any suggestions what will serve the purpose better?

Nadz

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just to post publicly what I sent you in PM.

IMO the ITIL intermediates are more well-known in the market, especially your market, as compared to the new complementary certs from APMG.

My recommendation would be to focus on the intermediates, and if you feel there is a need, come back around and grab the complementary certs.

MS
  • Options
    NadzNadz Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks MS. Helpful as always.:)
    Confirms my view.
    Cheers.
    Nadz.