Options

CCENT... first time failed

fletch33fletch33 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
DOH!

I went to the test center last thursday feeling not too well, missed the test by 5 points.

If saying I missed by 5 points is part of the NDA I sgned please let me know and I will delete.

Thanks all,
Coming back to the forums this coming weekend to lurk around again :D

Comments

• Options
    jdfriesenjdfriesen Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So close! Spend a bit of time studying the areas you got your lower scores on, and you'll nail it next time. icon_thumright.gif

(and you're fine on the NDA part).
  • Options
    storresrosadostorresrosado Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So close.
    Don't give up. Just study up on the questions you failed and try it again.
    The test its not easy to begin with.
    Education: BA, AS
    Certifications: CCENT, A+ IT Technician, Network +, MCDST
  • Options
    AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very close to passing! Don't give up. Review the areas you feel you are weak in, and go for it again. Go over some practice tests and review your notes if you have any. The test that comes with the Cisco Press CCENT book is very good at preparing you for the real exam. It is harder than the real thing in my opinion. If you can score in the 90's on that practice exam, you are ready for the real thing.

Practice subnetting until you can do it in your head. If you can get a copy of Packet Tracer, use it. It's even better if you can practice on real Cisco switches and routers. Good luck to you. You will make it!
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • Options
    blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you are almost there!
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You'll get it the next time!!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The key thing is to not let it bother you.

The last exam was just a "practice test." Learn from it and move on. Study your weak areas -- and review your good areas so you don't lose those points -- and hit the exam again after the 5 day waiting period.

The only difference between the last exam and the next exam is that while we would have preferred you to pass the last exam, we're now going to expect to break the 900 point barrier for the next one. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You were so close to pass!

A friend of mine, from the same class in community college attemped his 640-802 two weeks ago and he failed with 792 or so...he know his stuff on his fingertips but you know...he have some pain dealing with cisco tricky questions sometimes.

His main problem must be nervosity and he's reading the questions too fast. I could say that i was expecting him to pass because i knew he was ready.

My point is, sometimes even if you're well prepared, you can be surprised and somehow you get into the panic and you get stressed and the feeling isn't very cool.
    Especialy at your first exam! I remember that i shaked on my first cisco exam ;)

Now that you know what to look for, i'm sure you will pass it next time :)

Cheers
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You'll get it next time!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    We all hit moments like this, everyone I have met had failed something once or twice, myself included. What you need to learn is that the experience is the reason you are in this field, not the piece of paper. What you have just gotten is more valuable than just scraping by with a passing score. You now have an opportunity to skyrocket the grade! How fortunate =)

Keep it up, you're almost there!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    gonXgonX Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You where almost there, better luck next time I just took the icnd1 a few hours ago failed with a 734. I have taken cisco 1 and 2 almost done with 3 now. Done very well in those class's.

Also for anyone else don't skip the tutorial that shows how to use the sim's. I ran into a few questions I could not answer because I could not get the applet windows to move. Thought it would be a good idea to use that time to create a chart of all the powers of 2 and cidr prefixs for different class's. It did help me knock out the subneting questions quicker.....
  • Options
    Thank you all for the support.. I rescheduled the 640-822 for 4/16....

I looked at this test like a lawyer taking the BAR, take it, if you do not make it, go again.

I was actually excited that I scored decently after my first exam in, what, 15 years... Holy cow.

The only reason that I did not schedule any earlier is that the same afternoon I had a job interview. I was excited to show the guy that refered me to take his old spot that I barely missed it. He was excited for me as well. It was a great icebreaker for that interview, as I sit in the seat now. So yeah gainfully employed now, now if I can get those mortgage payments undercontrol again :D

The pretest, hell yes. I needed that =< 15 minutes to settle, I was not that nervous but I was ill.

Thanks again guys,
    I will be lurking like always :D
  • Options
    Ok, scheduled for April 16. The first Saturday block that was open...

Going to start reading again and labbing a little. I still have fun with the Cisco Mind-Share when I am home and zoning out.

Started that new job, so my time has been limited to 30-40 minutes of personal time a night. Sometimes I wish I could commute via a train/taxi so I could read or study in that time. Oh well, maybe in a few years at the next place.
  • Options
    Aj24Aj24 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Some great advice from everyone here!

With some time put into the weak areas of your studies then I'm sure you will have no trouble taking down the test a second time!

I actually have my 1st test in a few days. Nervousness is eating at me and I think its probably my biggest hurdle. We shall see!!

Shoot me an e-mail if you care to study group/collaborate/bounce ideas

Goodluck!!
  • Options
    Aj24Aj24 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    fletch33 wrote: »
    Ok, scheduled for April 16. The first Saturday block that was open...

Going to start reading again and labbing a little. I still have fun with the Cisco Mind-Share when I am home and zoning out.

Started that new job, so my time has been limited to 30-40 minutes of personal time a night. Sometimes I wish I could commute via a train/taxi so I could read or study in that time. Oh well, maybe in a few years at the next place.

Oh shoot me a pm on the fourms, I can't post my e-mail(adminicon_mike.gif)

and for some reason I can't pm you, "fletch33 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." so I am not sure.