I subscribe to PC World
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Patel128 wrote: »
    I was wondering which tech magazines do you fine people subscribe to. Thanks
    icon_redface.gifAaaah thank you Patel, I am blushing...icon_wink.gif
    "Linux Magazine" is the tech publication I pick up most often although am not a subscriber (prefer instead to visit the local bookstore where I get to browse other titles while leisurely sipping a lovely cup of tea and end up buying that mag). On occasions, I have picked up "CPU Hardware".
    It largely depends on the bookstore's offerings of IT mags rather than how good they are, for example plenty of n00b-ish or end-user magazines which don't appeal to me, and I end up buying the nearest to my interest.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Maximum PC. Not quite a good as they use to be in the old days, but still great bathroom material. I haven't bought from stores in years. Can't beat paying $4-$10 for 1-2 years worth of magazines online.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I usually read when I'm at the bookstore either PC World or Maximum PC. icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Guitar Techniques. Oh wait, not quite the same.

On the rare occasion I go for printed material, it would be Linux Magazine or Linux Format. However it's rare because there is no networking magazine, or at least none that I know of and readily available and thats what I would like to read the most about.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    It seems that Maximum PC and PC World are fairly popular. I think i may start to pick them up, and from what I see the subscription price isn't bad at all.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Currently I only get free ones... Computerworld, Network World, eWeek, InformationWeek, and Redmond.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Subscribe or buy Hackin9 & 2600.

Linux Journal & Windows mag in the store usually and then look up the more in-depth info afterward.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't subscribe to any but I do pick up the free editions from Hackin9's website and buy Linux Magazine, 2600 and MaximumPC every once in awhile.
  • Options
    geek12geek12 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I like and subscribe to PC Mag.
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    No need for magazines when DAILY ROTATION is around. :)
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    This old house
    Cycle world
    Motorcycle cruiser

expired:
    mad

I like to look at the occasional CCW magazine and some kind of fitness mag.
  • Options
    phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I get Maximum PC and Wired.
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • Options
    BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not subscribed to any of them, though, buying some magazines monthly or
    once in two months.

Some of them which is being released in my country is PCWorld, PCnet and CHIP.
    Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

• Options
    neocybeneocybe Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm surpised no one mentioned windowsitpro magazine.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    neocybe wrote: »
    I'm surpised no one mentioned windowsitpro magazine.

+1. I was about to but you beat me.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CPU magazine gave me 2 years for free so I took that. I also get computerworld, networkworld, and eweek.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    • Hakin9
    • ISSA
    • Linux Magazine
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    Currently I only get free ones... Computerworld, Network World, eWeek, InformationWeek, and Redmond.
    +1
    I get these plus SCMagazine.
  • Options
    Computerworld's slobbering over IE 9 (and just downright poor review in general) loses credibility from me right off the bat.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Linux Format
    The Edge (geeky gaming magazine but I love the style of the magazine)

I actually use Zinio on ipad and the subs are very cheap. I don't really have any complaints at the moment it's a nice app and I don't have a ghazillion print magazines to store everywhere.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    PC World
    2800 Quarterly
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Only MAgs i subscribe to are the New Scientist and Focus. Neither are specifice IT.

The NewScientist has a center section on tech and Focus is full of tec and science. I like them casue there bit size chunks about a whole mass of science and tec. If any thing intrests me I go looking for more.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    I now sub to Maximum PC and Wired Magazine. I didn't know the price for a year was so low on these magazines
    Studying For:
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    Patel128 wrote: »
    I now sub to Maximum PC and Wired Magazine. I didn't know the price for a year was so low on these magazines

If you use various online stores, yes. Going right through them costs more and nets you their useless discs.
  • Options
    SteveLord wrote: »
    If you use various online stores, yes. Going right through them costs more and nets you their useless discs.

I went through Barns and Noble. One big reason I did is because they accept Paypal. If I buy something online it is generally only through Paypal.
    Studying For:
    Network+
    Currently Reading: