Options

Do I need to change my mindset

SteadymanWFSteadymanWF Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been working with routers for quite a bit now, and in doing so, I have a habit of configuring and interface and then doing COPY RUN START, so in configuring a router I may issue COPY RUN START command 4 or 5 times. Will I be able to do this on the Simulation portion of the exams? Can I use abbreviated commands on the simulation? Not going to take the test for a while as I am deploying overseas, but now will be the perfect time to change my mindset and the way I type commands while I am managing a real network. Any feedback would be appreciated

Wally Steadman

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if my question was understood. I understand that I cannot use the ? or the TAB key, I am concerned with procedures more to say. In the simulator, I am just wondering if I can type COPY RUN START rather than typing out copy running-config startup-config. Also curious about additional steps, like I should do COPY RUN START when I have completed the configuration, but what I am curious about is if I still be correct if I do COPY RUN START multiple times during a simulation. Example... I set up Ethernet 0, CTRL Z and then COPY RUN START, then I go back in and configure Serial 0 and CTRL Z and then COPY RUN START. I know, some will say that takes more time, but I like ensuring that my changes are saved in the eventuality that something should happen during the process.

Thanks
    Wally Steadman
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    copy run start worked fine for me, gave me the building configuation line and everything, sh start gave me my saved config, etc etc etc. And the ? command also worked fine for me (which is good because I'm bad at remembering ACL syntax). I don't know for certain if tab works because I never use it
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Question was understood perfectly, and the answer is in the topic I linked to: "the router will behave as a real one would".

The point is that if you know how to configure a real router, you will be able to configure the routers in the sim. Focus on the exam topics, getting the knowledge and skills, rather than worrying about the functionality of Cisco's test engine.

I just found some new important information, which I will post in the forums in a Sticky post in a couple of minutes, make sure you read it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply and the sticky post. That link was a great help