Options

70-210 vs 70-270

quest_to_learnquest_to_learn Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I just wanted to ask which exam is harder than the other 70-210 or 70-270. I would be thankful for info.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Hello all,

I just wanted to ask which exam is harder than the other 70-210 or 70-270. I would be thankful for info.

Which do you use? If you are working in a W2K environement, test in what you know.

Likewise, if the network you work with supports more XP than w2k - consider XP.

Doesn't matter, it is just better to be certified in areas where you have knowledge.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I doubt one is "harder" than the other.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I agree, I've taken them both (beta of 270) and I think they are both about equal. However, if you've not had experience with XP pro, then it will definantly seem harder. Plantwiz is most definantly correct, test on which ever you've had experience with or support.
  • Options
    jc63jc63 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I'm new here so please bear with me.

I passed my network+ exam yesterday. I now have both network+, and A+. I plan on working on MCSA, and I'm planning on taking the 70-270 exam. I'm quite familiar with the Comptia exams, but have never taken any of the Microsoft exams. I'm a little worried as I've "heard" that the questions on the Microsoft exams can be rather convoluted. I'm using Boson software, but I don't have a book for the 70-270 exam. What suggestions do you have as far as study material goes, and what are your opinions on the different brands of tests?

Take it easy
  • Options
    xetrevxetrev Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello all,

70-210 was cake for me 886 with an hour to spare
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    jc63 wrote:
    Hello,

I'm new here so please bear with me.

I passed my network+ exam yesterday. I now have both network+, and A+. I plan on working on MCSA, and I'm planning on taking the 70-270 exam. I'm quite familiar with the Comptia exams, but have never taken any of the Microsoft exams. I'm a little worried as I've "heard" that the questions on the Microsoft exams can be rather convoluted. I'm using Boson software, but I don't have a book for the 70-270 exam. What suggestions do you have as far as study material goes, and what are your opinions on the different brands of tests?

Take it easy

Welcome, and congrats on Net+. It could be an understatement about M$ "convoluted" questions, they can be very long. You'll see a lot of info that may not even pertain to the solution. You have to be able to pick out what matters. But, they're not impossible. I'm working on MCSA, using Sybex, which I think is ok. The knowledge it contains is good, however, I'm finding a lot of the exercises don't work properly. To stay "official", you may want to look into M$ Press books. Thye come with eval software to practice on, and can't be closer to what they want you to know. I would recco using a second guide, as no single book really covers everything complete. For practice exams, for me, simply put, Transcender. I know they are not cheap, but the value and preparation you get far outweighs the monetary cost of failing, not to mention the emotional cost of failing.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    I got the 70-210 back in Arp of 2003.

It was pretty easy. I took about a month to study. IF you know your way around a win2k box, you could knock out the 70-270 with minimal studying. Of course, there are subtle differences in some of the default file permissions in XP. But it is fairly straightforward.

Sybex and Transcender are your friends