Helloooo

Comments

• Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    Dude, paragraphs are your friend!

I tried to read but the letters started swimming icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    subl1m1nalsubl1m1nal Member Posts: 176
    Haha, you have CCNA and A+ and no responsibilities. Almost a dream job.

I'd take the time you spend not doing much and work on certs. Maybe setup a test lab and get to working on things.
    Currently Working On: 70-643 - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

Plans for 2010: MCITP:EA and CCNA
    70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress
    70-647 - Still on my list
    70-680 - Still on my list

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
    www.facebook.com/tylercoan
    www.twitter.com/tylercoan
    www.linkedin.com/users/tylercoan
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    you've been there for 5 months...maybe thats why they havent given you access to the button. if you're younger, it may just be a management decision to see how trustworthy you are.

dont sweat it. if they dont want you to have it, then just play their game.
  • Options
    Darian929Darian929 Member Posts: 197
    Thing is im getting rusty and not doing anything really you might say ohhh awesome... at the same time im just loosing time not learning. If wish I could set up a lab but thing is there is no space here and also I have no where to.. the racks here are full. Funny thing which I already told them because they were like oh giving you domain admin responsibilities is to much and too dangerous. haha.

I told them well whats more dangerous than me having physical access to everything and having access to the switches and stuff??? like it doesn't make since to be honest, because if it were a company where at least if things went wrong and you told them and they answered or fix it.. ok. But they never answers email with problems and when you send them 3 emails and no answers or no resolution and someone from over here asks for the emails sent and they escalate it, then they call me from HQ to ask why did I do that and to be a team player lol. It's B.S honestly.
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    We have some positions open at FIU, if you are in Miami like your profile says. Sounds like you need to change your work environment. Visit www.fiujobs.org and see if anything interests you.

I think UM is hiring too: University of Miami
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd start looking for a new job. There is nothing I hate more than sitting around with nothing to do. Some people like it, but I can't for the life of me understand why.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like you are set up for failure at this job. You are basically an on-site person who apologizes and sends out the "we apologize for the inconvenience + appreciate your patience" emails. I did that for a little bit and hated it. I felt like no matter what I did, things would always fall back on me. I got out as soon as I could. I suggest you do the same!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Time to move on my friend. Looks like no matter what goes wrong or where it will end up being your fault.
  • Options
    correct guys. I basically just send out emails sorry for the inconvenience lol. anyways I've been looking for jobs but its not so easy... sometimes they see im 20 years old and get scared. Anyways I will keep at it.

rfult - Message me if you know of any jobs at fiu or anywhere else as I plan transferring to FIU soon also.

Thanks!
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Darian929 wrote: »
    Now when I forward an email to our vice president of why something didn't get done and copy the previous emails I had sent out, the I.T people from the headquarters call me sort of telling me what I did was wrong and i should of told them before sending it to the other guy here and having him escalate it to their boss's boss or w/e. I feel like a little kid when all they do is do things wrong. They make changes on an IP that needs to be changed or on a new software for recording and never let anyone know or send out an organizational email. I am just overwhelmed with this crap.

Don't forward other people's emails to cover yourself; that won't make you any friends. However, DO communicate your resticted scope and abilities so people like the VP can understand the situation and not blame you for not resolving incidents. If all you can do is forward calls and have no permissions to fix anything, let that be known and that it is out of your control. You MUST communicate this to keep yourself in the clear.

Also, let the manager at your company know what the situation is. Let it become HIS responsibility for improving your effectiveness. Afterall he/she is the one who needs to keep the client happy and I reckon complaints may be heading his/her way, so always let them know what the real story is IN WRITING.
  • Options
    Mike issue is im not trying to cover myself. Everyone at the company knows what the issue is and that I am restricted from doing such and such things. He just asked me about it and I said hey yea this hasn't gotten resolved even though I have sent them 2 previous emails asking for it to get done... the VP said can you forward me those emails.... what can I say NO? ofcoarse I am saying yes.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Darian929 wrote: »
    Mike issue is im not trying to cover myself. Everyone at the company knows what the issue is and that I am restricted from doing such and such things. He just asked me about it and I said hey yea this hasn't gotten resolved even though I have sent them 2 previous emails asking for it to get done... the VP said can you forward me those emails.... what can I say NO? ofcoarse I am saying yes.

Sounds like the right thing to do. Remember to keep your manager updated.