Options

Labs, Labs, Labs, oh my!

arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey TE,

Been a lurker on this forum for awhile, but recently joined in as my studies have progressed. Anyways, I've gotten priceless help from alot of members here and unforunately, I need more help. :)

I'm hoping to take my 70-680 exam in a couple of weeks (Still not comfy with SCCM and MDT yet) and I know that Labing helps alot.

Sorry to sound like a dumb dumb, but what exactly do you guys practice at home (a.k.a Lab). I setup Server 2008 R2 on my virtual box and I'm practicing capturing and deploying images to my other virtual PCs. Aside from that, do you guys have any suggestions on labs/exercises that I can do that will aid me with passing exam.

Thanks in advance for the help. You guys rock!icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    eddiec312eddiec312 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't worry too much about SCCM and MDT. Out of all the practice questions I did (including Transcenders) I don't remember one question asking about the SCCM. I would suggest you practice the DISM and it's switches and just know where stuff is located in Group Policy editor like Applocker, Bitlocker, DirectAccess, ect.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think for the 680, you'd need to know what SCCM is and why you'd use it. In the MS 686 book, they actually state they don't expect someone self-studying to have access to SCCM, instead they give you some videos to watch. You can definitely play with MDT, though.
    MS likes to test on new features, so focus on DISM, imageX, differences in the various W7 versions, Applocker, DirectAccess, branchcache, IE8, etc.
  • Options
    eddiec312 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about SCCM and MDT. Out of all the practice questions I did (including Transcenders) I don't remember one question asking about the SCCM.

Yeah, my friend said the same thing, but I found it easier to practice with real world tools that surround Win 7
    eddiec312 wrote: »
    I would suggest you practice the DISM and it's switches and just know where stuff is located in Group Policy editor like Applocker, Bitlocker, DirectAccess, ect.

That's perfect. Thanks for the info. I will practice and try to memorize those switches.
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I think for the 680, you'd need to know what SCCM is and why you'd use it. In the MS 686 book, they actually state they don't expect someone self-studying to have access to SCCM, instead they give you some videos to watch. You can definitely play with MDT, though.
    MS likes to test on new features, so focus on DISM, imageX, differences in the various W7 versions, Applocker, DirectAccess, branchcache, IE8, etc.

Good stuff. Thanks a bunch for the information and help.