Options

Passed Network+ (2009)

Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
I passed network plus with a 845/900 on to Security+(TSV1) and the management courses.
WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    Congratulations!!

Be sure to pick up Security + Get Ahead by Darril Gibson if you need a book resource, it's the reigning king.

And, not to beat Mike to it or anything, but since it's the weekend go celebrate!! drunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    mattlee09 wrote: »
    Congratulations!!

Be sure to pick up Security + Get Ahead by Darril Gibson if you need a book resource, it's the reigning king.

And, not to beat Mike to it or anything, but since it's the weekend go celebrate!! drunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gif

Already have Darril's book in hand! Will start reading later today and be ready for the test first week or two of May, since April is the sixth month of my term at WGU = no vouchers = no testing... icon_sad.gif, PLus I have the books for the management course to start reading... Hmm maybe I can get 12 units out of the way in the first few weeks of the next term..
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Options
    lag4316lag4316 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Jack on your score!

I'm using LabSim to prepare for the Network+. Does anyone have any feedback as to using LabSim for preparation? Also, are there any practice exams that actually mirror the certification exam? I have tried practice exams from different sites and some of them are similar to LabSim practice exams and others are not. I did take the practice exam from CompTia....is it a correct mirror of the test?
  • Options
    certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    lag4316 wrote: »
    I'm using LabSim to prepare for the Network+. Does anyone have any feedback as to using LabSim for preparation? Also, are there any practice exams that actually mirror the certification exam? I have tried practice exams from different sites and some of them are similar to LabSim practice exams and others are not. I did take the practice exam from CompTia....is it a correct mirror of the test?

The practice exam and the review questions from LabSim are way harder than CompTIA exams (Network+ or Security+). If you have tried free tests from several sites or books and have passing score, you don't need to worry.

I found the practice exam from CompTIA just a bit more harder than the actual.

If you are using all of LabSim --not just the exams or questions -- for Network+ and a book, you probably have way more than you need to pass. Remember, the topics and objectives for Network+ may seem vast, but the level of exam difficulty isn't.
  • Options
    lag4316lag4316 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. I'm currently enrolled at a local technical college and my instructor has just started using LabSim. I have a Network book that I had to buy for the class but we have not used the book at all.

I plan to study for about two more weeks and then take the test. I have the Security+ LabSim and completed all modules but did not take the exam.

I guess I'm being too fearful of the exams.
  • Options
    certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    lag4316 wrote: »
    I have a Network book that I had to buy for the class but we have not used the book at all.

I plan to study for about two more weeks and then take the test. I have the Security+ LabSim and completed all modules but did not take the exam.

I guess I'm being too fearful of the exams.

Most technical colleges use the Course Technology/Cengage books. I am guessing you probably use Mark Ciampa's Security+ book and Tamara Dean's Network+ Guide book. I used the above books and also other books (Mike Meyers', Sybex, etc.) for some chapters.

If you are getting 80%+ on end of chapter questions, you probably are prepared for the exams. With two weeks of extensive study, you will be definitely well prepared.

You can also check out some free practice tests online:

Free Demo Exams

Free Certification Practice Tests, Exams and Quizzes

Security+ : Sample Questions

Practice Tests -questions: CCNA, A+ Certification, Network+, CCNP; MCSE examcram and practice exams. CCENT, Server+, CIW, and others.

Good luck.
  • Options
    RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Studying for: Linux+; C|EH
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    great keep it up!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree