CCENT Labs to Know?

sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
Good afternoon - I have been prepping for my CCENT, and all the practice test I have for CCENT do not include any labs, but just questions and scenarios.

My question is - What lab skills should I be fluent in with CCENT?

My guess would be: Configuring RIP/Static Routes-Setting up Telnet/SSH- I am sure I am missing something that I cant think of off the top of my head.

Thanks in advanced.
Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't take our word for it, go straight to the horses mouth and see what they expect you to know and be able to perform:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccent/icnd1?view=overview
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Good afternoon - I have been prepping for my CCENT, and all the practice test I have for CCENT do not include any labs, but just questions and scenarios.

My question is - What lab skills should I be fluent in with CCENT?

My guess would be: Configuring RIP/Static Routes-Setting up Telnet/SSH- I am sure I am missing something that I cant think of off the top of my head.

Thanks in advanced.
    there is a lab walkthrough on this site that does some of that.

not a complete list, but i would say initial router and switch config. be able to do ripv2 and static routing. securing the access - telnet, console. Go through changing addresses, setting default gateway, backup/restore IOS. I did these kinds of tasks with 2 routers and 2 switches. Very simple layout to help me do these tasks over and over.

hth

oh and if you set up a lab, dont forget to set the clock rate on the DCE cable side.
  • j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Don't take our word for it, go straight to the horses mouth and see what they expect you to know and be able to perform:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccent/icnd1?view=overview

THIS ^^^^^^^

A member named subnet something or other also published an ICND1 and ICND2 lab in pdf format.

I imagine that if you have a grasp of everything in alan2308's link, you should be good to go.

I'm nearing scheduling the exam myself.

PS. If you don't use an actual lab, make sure you do what brad- mentioned about the clock rate. Seems GNS3 doesn't require that to be set. alan2308 please don't hate me for bringing up GNS3 ;)
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Thanks for the help all.
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rip
    static routes
    telnet ssh
    switchport security
    serial encapsulation like hdlc,ppp
    cdp(most important)
    How did you guys do labs? I find that I accomplish more if I create my own scenarios Vs. trying to copy or conquer someone else's lab.

Thanks for the info
  • okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    Go with what works for you. As long as you're studying the objectives then it doesn't matter if you do your own labs or someone else.
    okplaya wrote: »
    Go with what works for you. As long as you're studying the objectives then it doesn't matter if you do your own labs or someone else.

Gotcha, Yea I find I understand " Procedure " better when I do my own, but when I do somebody elses its more of a " Challenge " to " Beat " the lab lol