how long did the ccna or ccent test take you to take

jeff113jeff113 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was wondering how long it took to you take the ccna or ccnet test?

Comments

• CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had 35 minutes left when I was done. So 55 minutes.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    I had 15 mins left from 90.

I spent 15 mins on the first question though, nerves got the better of me and I could not subnet to save my life until I calmed down a bit. Once I thought I'd made a complete mess of it I gained confidence and clicked my way through.
  • EildorEildor Member Posts: 444
    Are you asking how long the test took, or how long it took to prepare for the test?
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I took the composite exam. Had 90 minutes to complete it. I read on here other people saying they were really pressed for time. When I was finished I had a little over 20 minutes left.

It's easy to see how you could run out of time if you have doubts. Strong subnetting skills would help you get done faster :) but even more so the ability to quickly understand a scenario and what is being asked.

It's sort of like a high school/college algebra class with word problems. If you knew the math, but hadn't been practicing word problems you'll be slowed down ALOT and you're more likely to miss those word problems.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • EildorEildor Member Posts: 444
    ehnde wrote: »
    I took the composite exam. Had 90 minutes to complete it. I read on here other people saying they were really pressed for time. When I was finished I had a little over 20 minutes left.

It's easy to see how you could run out of time if you have doubts. Strong subnetting skills would help you get done faster :) but even more so the ability to quickly understand a scenario and what is being asked.

It's sort of like a high school/college algebra class with word problems. If you knew the math, but hadn't been practicing word problems you'll be slowed down ALOT and you're more likely to miss those word problems.

Did you do the CCNA Cisco Academy course by any chance?
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ehnde wrote: »

Doubt as you mentioned can really slow someone down. They can really word some questions and the (Multiple choice) answers in such a way that it causes you to spend several minutes thinking and wasting time on a single question.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Eildor wrote: »
    Did you do the CCNA Cisco Academy course by any chance?

I did the first 2 classes in 2004. I started seriously studying for the CCNA December 20th, 2010 and passed my exam in March 2011. Only passed by about 7 points.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • jeff113jeff113 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    post not showing
  • jeff113jeff113 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had 55 minutes left but I just took the ccent test. I'm sure that part two will take more time. One sim i didn't really know and just guessed at the answers. Multipy choose you could alway guess right. But I got a 899 and thought it was pretty easy for the most part.