Options

How important do I need to know

RobStone79RobStone79 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am going to take the 215 exam soon as its about time I got my finger out as it will be 2 years since I passed the 210 in september!

So, I've been doing a few tests and the main area's I'm failing on are the following :

Performance Counters & their threasholds - How many questions really pop up on these?

IIS - I really know nothing about IIS and will have to play with this before I take the exam.

Identifiying bad IP/Subnets that prevent communication - involves changing IP to binary but I'm getting my head around this now.

TS - more of the time out options and stuff

and failed dynamic disks and recreating mirrors, etc - knowing what command to use first.

I've read the M$ Core exam books and also Exam Cram 2 and am getting between 65-85% and also done some Transcender exams but failed a few of them with high 60's mid 70's (Transcenders pass is 79%).

The main bulk of failed questions is the performance monitors and counters but I find all that extremeley tideous to try to learn and usually find myself playing UT2004 instead of practicing for the exam!

Obviously there are a few area's up there but really all I want to know is how many questions are likely to crop up on the exams for each topic.

Ta
If you get in a run of doing study/exams, don't stop! I did and then 1 thing after the other prevents you getting back on track.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi Rob,
    all I want to know is how many questions are likely to crop up on the exams for each topic.
    That's actual exam info you shouldn't be asking, and people here won't answer. You need to study the topics listed in the exam objectives and use proper study material (which you have already) that cover those, not what others had on their exams. ;)
    Performance Counters & their threasholds - How many questions really pop up on these?
    That'll depend on your exam's selection of the question pool. Just make sure you know the common objects and counters, you don't have to memorize litterally all of them. Trying them out on a lab server will make it easier to learn them.All the topics you listed are important.

Your results on the Transcender exams are not good enough yet. You will need to be able to at least get Transcender's passing score, but I suggest you continue untill you score 95%-100% on those as well as the other practice exams. Make sure you read the explanations (and preferably also the online references) in the Transcenders carefully as they contain valuable info.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Cheers.

Retaking the transcender exams I get about 97% but I see that as a false score as alhough they mix up the questions and answers it doesn't feel like an accurate score.

More practice tests are needed too!

Sorry about the question, don't mean to break any rules icon_rolleyes.gif
    If you get in a run of doing study/exams, don't stop! I did and then 1 thing after the other prevents you getting back on track.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Your welcome. icon_wink.gif

Though the results aren't accurate after you take the same practice exam a couple of times, if you understand why the correct answers are correct (and not just because it was marked correct the previous attempt), then it does mean something (with Transcenders that usually means you are ready).

Also make sure you do the labs from your MS training kit.
    More practice tests are needed too!
    You can never have too much of those, check out our Microsoft Links page for more practice exams:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/mslinks.shtml
  • Options
    whomewhome Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Robstone79

After taking 215 the day before yesterday,

I will tell you that you need to study all objectives. anything and everything is fair game with Microsoft. Good luck with your exam.
  • Options
    Ta mate.

I'm pretty confident on most of it, just some of the stuff you don't do every day I have to look at.

Also have a bathroom to install before I can do the test so it will be delayed for a few weeks icon_sad.gif

Oh, anyone wanting a quick route to a MCSA as well look at doing the MCDST. That qualification is so easy it devalues the MCP imo.