Passed ICND1

gonXgonX Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
After failing the test little more than 2 weeks ago with a 737 I picked up todds book worked my way through it and worked on old labs from cisco 1 2 Passed today with 850. I'm starting cisco 4 today I am on the exploration track once im done with 4 thinking, maybe take about a month to review all the content for icnd2 work on more labs also plan to use todds new ccna book.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • gonXgonX Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone got a link to the page on cisco's site for certification tracking? The ones from this print out I got from pearsonvue appear dead.
  • okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    You'll receive an email with instructions. The site currently down right now.
  • FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    Great Job,icon_cheers.gif How was it for time? Pushed or Easy?
    I had 16mins to spare this time. Some say cisco doesn't try to confuse you but I disagree I seen questions that I would read and know exactly what would happen but options they give you to fit that into slow me down.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats gonX!!!!!
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congratulations :)
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    Also I forgot another resource was just this site collection of guides reading posts of other op's issues it adds up.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • rob_crossleyrob_crossley Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate!
    Study Hard! Learn Hard! Earn Hard!
    "If you stop learnin, you stop earnin!"
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Congrats on the pass.

*question - Were there many labs? - Thanks
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • fslima0fslima0 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I recently passed the ICND1 exam too... I am now studying for my ICND2 exam.. Hopefully it won't be too hard. I think that if you complete all four academy courses, like I did, you should be fine getting your CCNA...
    Current Goals: CCNP and RHCSA
  • smokshowsmokshow Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats hey ol th best on yo ICND2 m writin ICND1 on thurs next week. Wher do u think was most challenging??
  • fslima0fslima0 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the simulations are the most challenging part of the exam... They scare me :)
    Current Goals: CCNP and RHCSA
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    fslima0 wrote: »
    I think the simulations are the most challenging part of the exam... They scare me :)

Yeah you have to sit there and figure out what they want you to do :) then know the right show commands to figure out wtf is wrong.

Grats on the pass!
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.