Cheap MAN Technologies

subyobosubyobo Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Yesterday I asked a question about cheap ways to connect two sites up using the Internet. I'm switching my attentions to MAN technologies now. I learned that SMDS, ATM, WiMAX and FDDI are some of the commonly used MAN solutions. Which one of them is the cheapest? Is there any other cheaper MAN technology that I should consider?

Hoping to hear from you guys. Cheers. icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I suppose it will be mainly dependent on your location and what your business requirements are. (Concerning speed, SLA, availability, and so forth)
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd suggest you call some providers in your area and see what they have to offer. Once you have your options then you can research those and their prices. That would make much more sense than looking into a bunch of technologies that may or may not even be available to you.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • subyobosubyobo Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys, thanks for your reply. My question is not practical-based. It's part of my academic assignment, on a make-belief situation. I'm looking at ways to connect two sites up using MAN technology but economically. Nevertheless, thanks for taking the time to reply me. Appreciate it. icon_wink.gif
  • it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Metro ethernet is the cheapest way to go, if its available. We have it here in Denver and you can get 50 up and 50 down for something similar to a standard T1 in price.
  • subyobosubyobo Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks IT-Consultant. Your answers are always useful, and very much appreciated, every single bit of it..

Cheers!