Options

Just passed net+ with 846, if I study the CCNA technotes....

techboyjktechboyjk Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I did pretty good on the net+ exam and feel I have a really grip on OSI model, protocols, etc. If I study the technotes here for a week, will that be enough to at least pass CCNA?

Comments

• Options
    mojomuchmojomojomuchmojo Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I earned an 860 on the Network+ with hardly any studying and failed my first attempt at the CCNA after dedicating 3 months of time to it (841, then 933).

CCNA is so much more involved. Network + is about memorizing, and CCNA is about applying knowledge.

Someone with a photographic memory could score 900 on the Network + and get a 330 on the CCNA.

It's a tough test, and its not designed to be passed by anyone who doesn't do networking for a living. It does not test your ability to remember facts. It does test your ability to apply the knowledge of those facts. God is in the details.

Good luck.
  • Options
    JASON123JASON123 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    techboyjk, if I were you, I would go out and by some books for the CCNA. I use the Cisco Press Library. You are definately going to need time to study for the CCNA. Webmaster mentioned before on this site that the Network+ certification constitutes probably about 25% of the CCNA certification. If you broke it down into the INTRO test and the ICND test, it would constitute roughly 50% of the INTRO test. It would be extremely difficult to get even a decent score on the CCNA with going from the Net+ test and then studying for just a week. They don't call the CCNA the Net+ on steroids for nothing!! Buy some books, take some time, and I'm sure you'll do just fine on the CCNA exam.
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    I earned an 860 on the Network+ with hardly any studying and failed my first attempt at the CCNA after dedicating 3 months of time to it (841, then 933).

CCNA is so much more involved. Network + is about memorizing, and CCNA is about applying knowledge.

Someone with a photographic memory could score 900 on the Network + and get a 330 on the CCNA.

It's a tough test, and its not designed to be passed by anyone who doesn't do networking for a living. It does not test your ability to remember facts. It does test your ability to apply the knowledge of those facts. God is in the details.

Good luck.

I agree 100%.