Cisco CEO calls for dramatic cuts and a narrowing of priorities

geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
Dramatic expense cuts and a narrowed focus on five networking technologies, including video, are coming to Cisco Systems as part of a massive planned turnaround, Cisco CEO John Chambers told financial analysts Thursday.

Cisco CEO calls for dramatic cuts and a narrowing of priorities

Comments

• geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
    alan2308 wrote: »

Except the article I linked goes into some details about what they are going to be focusing on..

"Chambers said the five areas of top priority at Cisco will include a "doubling down" on video technology."

"Video technology spending is expected to grow by 40 times in the next four years, Chambers said."

"The other four areas of focus include "technology and business architecture," which Chambers said customers "really understand" because large architectural shifts in technologies can improve a company's productivity by 2%, a dramatic shift. He didn't elaborate.

The third area is retaining Cisco's leadership in core routing, switching and professional services. The fourth focus will be on Cisco's collaboration tools such as Webex and Quad , which have seen revenue growth in the high 20% range. "It's a $4 billion market for us," he added."
  • hermeszdatahermeszdata Member Posts: 225
    This will definitely be interesting to follow and see how it all plays out!
    John
    Current Progress:
    Studying:
    CCNA Security - 60%, CCNA Wireless - 80%, ROUTE - 10% (Way behind due to major Wireless Project)
    Exams Passed:
    CCNA - 640-802 - 17 Jan 2011 -- CVOICE v6 - 642-436 - 28 Feb 2011
    2011 Goals
    CCNP/CCNP:Voice
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah, I look forward to what they are going to do with video since I just bought 35 9971 phones with cameras...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well I'm glad they are refocusing on their core.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wonder if they will eventually make a CCNA Video
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA