New user saying hello

ssknightssknight Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all.

I've decided to contribute to this community as it has helped me out many times over the last few months. I've gained a lot of insight into industry expectations and the role that alternate education plays into the appeal of prospective employees. It's certainly been an educational and exciting trip as I've began earning certifications for different technologies and wanted to say thanks to everyone for encouraging me to take advantage of the opportunities available.

Short Bio:

I am a LCpl in the United States Marine Corps and work as a Server Technician in my shop. My first computer was a Commodore 64 on my 8th birthday and I began programming for it. I immediately fell in love with the idea of software design. I joined the Marine Corps after finding myself unable to take interest in the General Education requirements of my Computer Science major, and began designing Server 2003 environments for our unit.

I deployed to Afghanistan, where a friend and myself were responsible for designing the domain infrastructure for the entirety of the operating forces in Afghanistan.

I returned in 2010 after spending a year overseas and decided to take advantage of the free vouchers the Marine Corps offers its Data Systems personnel. In that time I completed the MCSA:Messaging requirements and intend on finishing out the MCSE requirements (the Marine Corps does not pay for the two exams I lack).

I'm also working toward CCNA, and MCITP:EA, which I expect to finish in the next 3 months.

I look forward to contributing and I'm glad to be a part of the community!

Current: Net+, A+, Security +, MCSA:Messaging
In Progress: CCNA, MCITP:EA, MCPD
LCpl Ray
United States Marine Corps
Current: Net+, A+, Security +, MCSA:Messaging
In Progress: CCNA, MCITP:EA, MCPD