Kindle

bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
For those of you who purchase ebooks for use on a Kindle.. What do you do about not getting the CD with practice exam questions and other study material?

Thank You
What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I have always used MCSE, SCJP, CCNA, PMP, CompTIA, A+, Network+, OCP, Security+, Practice Test -uCertify for my practice tests when available.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have a DX and 3rd Generation 6" Kindle (and 10" and 7" Android Tablets) and still buy the books that I will be studying from. The Kindle and Tablets are great for "linear reading" -- but once you try to do exercises or problems, paging through the book wins hands down.

A lot of times I will read on the Kindle with the book open next to it and use the book to go back and check something out.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I have a DX and 3rd Generation 6" Kindle (and 10" and 7" Android Tablets) and still buy the books that I will be studying from. The Kindle and Tablets are great for "linear reading" -- but once you try to do exercises or problems, paging through the book wins hands down.

A lot of times I will read on the Kindle with the book open next to it and use the book to go back and check something out.

I've wondered about this myself, should I ever come across an in-stock iPad2 (icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_sad.gif) that will let me purchase it.

I assume that buying the physical books will be the way to go as well, and then you get the CD (which will have the PDF on it, which you can import into tablet of your choice that supports PDFs), including the practice questions/tests the OP seeks. I guess you pay $10 more for the hard-copy vs. Kindle, but the extra CD materials make up that cost.

OP - This is to say that you could use the PDF on your Kindle compatibly. And that the hardcopies of said books carry CD's with PDFs(Do most MS/Cisco Press? Any notable ones that don't include PDF/electronic copies?)