Options

Help Desk Interview Thursday

jblake1986jblake1986 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a help desk interview thursday that I am looking forward too. Heard from a friend that it is a great company. pay is about 30% more than I make. Here is the description.

Description of essential functions:
The Help Desk – Tier II is responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving their computing experiences through effective problem identification and resolution activities. This will be accomplished by responding to end user tickets generated and accurately identify, prioritize, respond and bring resolution to the service requests within the established standards. Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies and management and maintenance processes. Experience to produce deliverables, requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and unbeatable customer service.

Requirements Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Install, troubleshoot, configure, and maintain all PC based hardware, software, including proprietary third party software, MS Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 applications, as well as Microsoft Windows 7 and XP Operating System.
2. Backup for incoming helpdesk calls.
3. Install and verify correct operation of software packages such as McAfee anti-virus programs, MS Office 2003, 2007,2010, IBM Client Access, Lotus Notes 8.5, Checkpoint VPN and other Windows-based applications.
4. Install computer peripheral equipment and software including scanners, printers, etc.
5. Monitor and assign tickets in Corporate ticket System
6. Maintains network shares, as well as user accounts, memberships and rights within Active Directory and GPO
7. Troubleshooting connectivity to LAN and WAN infrastructure, including on-site and remote site computers, switches, etc.
8. Researches and receives computer related equipment and maintains asset tracking in compliance with company policy
9. Installs, configures, troubleshoot and schedule maintenance of network / standalone printers
10. Upgrade PCs from current version of operating systems to future versions of operating system platforms along with using Symantec Ghost Images.
11. Communicate unresolved problems to appropriate support personnel for follow-up.
12. Maintain and enforce operational standards
Qualifications or Special Skills Required:
• Strong understanding with Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7
• Strong understanding with Microsoft Office 2003,2007,2010
• Strong understanding with VPN Clients, Mcafee Antivirus, Symantec Backups, Remote Desktop Applications, Lotus Notes Clients, Citrix and VMware.
• Strong background in Microsoft Windows Active Directory and GPO
• Strong background in Vlans, DMZ and TCPIP Protocols
• Basic understanding with Microsoft 2003/2008 Server, SQL Server 2005/2008
Education and Qualifications
• College Degree Preferred in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
• Certifications: MCTS, MCITP a plus.
• Three + years of proven Helpdesk experience in a Tier II capacity.
• Three + years of experience in computer operations and Microsoft Applications
• Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary to assist other in problem resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with technical system details.
• Outstanding organizational and project management skills.

I have worked with notes a little and some of the stuff like vlans and most of the other stuff I got down pat. Any idea how I should speak of my shortcomings on? I will also attach my resume
ICND1 Test Apr 23

Comments