Where start?

lmxlmx Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi im look some where start in programming langauage any Advice? whatis the language with more demand?

Comments

• XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lmx wrote: »
    hi im look some where start in programming langauage any Advice? whatis the language with more demand?

Hey, great to hear you want to start programming....make sure this is something that you are really passionate about because it takes alot of time to master and become fluid. To take you to a route, I would first ask what area are you trying to build in (mobile apps, web apps, web sites, etc.) because there are a slew of different routes you can go. I would generally say start off going with C++, C#, or Java. All are good routes to get a base knowledge of programming and go from there. From that point, you may venture into other avenues such as PHP/MySQL, HTML/CSS, Ruby on Rails, etc. Just depends on your passion and what you would like to do
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    As Xcluziv has said already it depends on what your passion is. If it is making games and apps C++ & C# are always in demand. C++ is the industry for game making and most development kit's use C++ classes in some shape or fashion (eg. UDK). C# is very popular and has cross platform support. There are many .net jobs floating about every day requiring c# .net devs.

My geek's choice is Python though, you will cover all Programming/CS concepts through the language (eg. namespaces, OOP) and better still Pythons tab defined structure makes it very simple to read and follow. Python has much love in the GNU community, for example YUM (which will be very familiar to Linux users) is written in Python. Can you create games with Python? Yup you can using Pygame or open source engines such as Panda3d.

Why do I mention game creation with learning programming? Some OO thing's are better learnt with creating something you can relate to or create your own analogies for.

HTH

Pash
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think you should not start with a language just because it is perceived to be in demand at the moment. These fasions change and change fast. Start with an old workhorse like C++, Java, C#, or VB .NET. Or if you are coming from an administrative background try Perl, Python or PowerShell. Once you have been doing it for about 3 years and have a few languages dominated then start worrying more about fashion.