CCNA Portable Command Guide Book...so awesome!

Dustin.ciscoDustin.cisco Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Bought the Cisco Press Book 'CCNA Portable Command Guide 2nd Edition' by Scott Empson and this book is fricken sweet.

I'm not much of a reader and i rarely get excited over books but this one is great.

If you are looking for study material that gives straight up commands for configuring whatever it is you are studying for either the ICND's or CCNA (for me it's VLANS and VTP atm for my ICND2 exam) then this is a great book to help you learn the configurations.

I bought it so i could use it for my new Network Admin job and i will say it's going to help a ton for quick references and configurations.

I do believe someone mentioned the book in my earlier post and to you sir i say thanks icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We sell lots of those and I "push" them to the CCNA 4's here at the college.

I'm a bit biased on this as it's written by 2 Canadians that are really great guys. I have not met them personally but do know people who have and have worked with them.

There is also a CCNP Command guide as well.

Ron
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    Ron Brandt wrote: »
    We sell lots of those and I "push" them to the CCNA 4's here at the college.

I'm a bit biased on this as it's written by 2 Canadians that are really great guys. I have not met them personally but do know people who have and have worked with them.

There is also a CCNP Command guide as well.

Ron

Thanks for the info Ron. I flipped through it when I was initially getting Odom's library kit. Knowing they're fellow Canadians, I'll definitely buy a copy when I'm near chapters again :D
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just ordered it from Amazon. Hopefully it helps with my CCENT/ CCNA studies.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    They're decent books. I'm using the ROUTE command guide now and it's great for getting down the labbing basics. And I still have my CCNA edition which is helpful when I have a brain freeze.

Another great IOS command guide is the Cisco IOS in a Nutshell (O'Reilly). Make sure it's the 2nd edition if you grab one.

And for in depth coverage you can't beat the Cisco Cookbook

:)
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i have also portable guide

it is good for last minute revision as well as lab