Options

which path to take

hi,

i guess it is time for another "which path" to take thread.

i have a 12 years experience withs networking and worked for several global players (deutsche bank, kpmg, sanofi aventis, deutsche bahn railroad company) before in several it fields from network admin to it consultant.

i am currently in my early 30s and engaging the cisco track (ccent passed last week)

currently i am in the lucky position of not having to work on a regular basis and just doing small projects which pay the rent and concentrate on my cisco certs.

decision to make is: go back to a regular job in a big company or aim for clients during certification and start my own business when i got on a certain level of certification.

first thing is secure income but boring but starting your own business kinda excites me ...
And then, I started a blog ...

Comments

• Options
    JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As a business owner (In a non-IT industry), I daydream about someone else footing the bill for my paychecks, health insurance and vacation time.

Being your own boss is nice. Having the stability of a paycheck and the time to have fun with it is also very nice.

Play devil's advocate with it and look into the costs involved with things like health insurance before you decide.
    WGU Progress