Options

SY0-201 when will it be retired? end of this April 2011?

plunk10plunk10 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I heard a rumor at the water cooler that the SY0-201 test will be retired at the end of April 2011, then starting in May, the SY0-301 will be the only test you can take.

Is this true?

If not, when are they planning to retire the SY-201 test?

I have Darril's book, and currently am studying for the SY-201 test. I'm actually considering taking a traditional college class to prepare for the test.

Comments

• Options
    techlady007techlady007 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just read the following:

CompTIA has released the exam objectives for CompTIA Security+ SY0-301, which is now in development. The new exam is scheduled to launch in May 2011.

Techlady... Where did you get that December date? Thank You
    What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    I called CompTIA a month ago and asked for clarification on when SY0-201 was being retired and the lady stated that there is no date and she said that they usually give a retirement date a year out.

I'm planning on taking 201 by the end of June.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    dan101dan101 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    According to the PDF file that I have and downloaded from CompTIA Website or on the internet shows all Retired Comptia Exams. In the case for the CompTIA Security+ SY0_201 ends December 31 2011, then the only exam you can take for the Security+ exam will be the New SY0-301 exam.

Unless they change that without notice, like Microsoft they change things on the wim without notice.

Dan L.

Update info: Please visit this link

http://support.comptia.org/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15074
  • Options
    plunk10plunk10 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks all for your replies!