Options

MCITP Boot Camp experiences anyone?

FixOSGuyFixOSGuy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Curious if anyone has been to these 7day MCITP Boot Camps (daytime program) lately and if they could share their experiences?

Our company has been considering them as a way to train the server guys. Not sure if they are really effective or not. Most us have 2008 experience so it's not a new thing for us. We are all mature hands-on server guys with Enterprise experience.

What I really wonder is can you learn enough material to write the 3 exams in 7days? They say the exam vouchers are good for 6months so I guess there really is no rush. But I figure hey if your there and did the material get er done!

Anyone been on this type of course lately?
Thoughts?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    I took an MCITP: SA boot camp that was 6 days.

It is not a "training" boot camp as you need to know Windows 2008 which you say you do.

It was basically 1 day of review and then exam the next day. I completed 3 exams - 642, 640 and 646 in 6 days and failed 646. I then wrote it a week later and passed after review.

It was tough but if you have experience and know what you are doing you can accomplish it. I also did allot of reading of the MS Press books before the course and took the Windows 7 exam too.

Good luck.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Bootcamps are not a good way to train your server guys. They are a FAST way to get your server guys certified, but they aren't really training. You have to go into them with a lot of experience, and even still people fail a few tests. A lot of people in bootcamps use brain **** when they fall behind because they are under pressure to "pass" because their company paid for them to go. So there are some ethical issues there also.

That said, I did one to finish up my MCSE because it forced me to take all of the tests it was just taking too long doing it on my own. It was 2 weeks of 12-14 hour days. I could not do that again because I have kids now.

Good luck...

Drew