Options

Getting started with CCNA

zsniperzzsniperz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All, I have been in IT tech support for a year and a half now. Just last week, I have decided to pursue the CCNA as my first certification. I have played with hardware all my life so I think this direction is what fits me best. I have purchased Cisco Press - Wendal Odom, Sybex - Todd Lammie and supplementing with CBT Nuggets for my studies.

I am getting ready to build my first lab and planning to purchase the following:

(2) 2620XM routers
(2) 2950 switches

I will be adding more equipment such as 3550's as I progress with my studies. Since this is a new world to me, any advice or words of encouragement would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    1. Time management is key. (Had a friend fail due to not completing the entire test.)
    2. Be able to subnet in your head. (This helps save time.)
    3. Practice configuring everything given. (This helps save time.)
    4. Do practice tests. (Review what you get wrong, and figure out why you got it wrong, so you will really "know" the material. This helps save time.)

I hope these tips help you.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zsniperz wrote: »
    Hi All, I have been in IT tech support for a year and a half now. Just last week, I have decided to pursue the CCNA as my first certification. I have played with hardware all my life so I think this direction is what fits me best. I have purchased Cisco Press - Wendal Odom, Sybex - Todd Lammie and supplementing with CBT Nuggets for my studies.

I am getting ready to build my first lab and planning to purchase the following:

(2) 2620XM routers
    (2) 2950 switches

I will be adding more equipment such as 3550's as I progress with my studies. Since this is a new world to me, any advice or words of encouragement would be appreciated.

You are on Right path

Practise Subnetting
    Do all labs,questions from both book
    Enjoy Jeremy Video(arrrrrrrp,arrrrrp)