Options

Mirror Desktop issue on XP laptop

DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
I've always battled with making windows mirror my desktop when I wanted it. It has always frustrated me that there is an option in settings to extend, but not one to mirror.

I can usually figure these out, either through cycling through the [Fn]+[F#] key or going into the display adapter settings (Catalyst for most ATI cards)

What I'm trying to do here is find a single solution that is going to work for most/all laptops. Some of the computers in our organization have ATI cards and use the Catalyst. Some have Intel cards and have their own menu system. Does anyone have a sure fire way of fixing this simply? I keep running into when the [Fn]+[F#] solution cycles between extend, laptop (with other monitor dead) and projector (with laptop dead) and then back to extend.

One method I've tested on a couple machines with success is to uncheck the extend option and then reboot the machine. When it comes back up mirror will be one of the [Fn]+[F#]. Only problem with this is menu users complain about restarting their computer and I'm wondering if there is something else out there.

Thanks
Decide what to be and go be it.

Comments