Options

My road to finishing my MCITP:SA

Well, after way too much procrastination, I have decided I need to finish my MCITP:SA. I figure I need to hold myself as accountable as I can, so, why not make a thread on here.

I am currently studying (again) for the 70-642. I am purchasing my exam vouchers tonight that I will use for 642 and 646. That means I have to take my first exam before 6/30, so about 8 weeks to include time for a retake (which I hope I don't need).

I already know my weakest points right now are:

1. Network Access Protection (need lab time)
2. Radius Servers (need lab time)
3. IPSEC (need lab time)
4. Some of the R2 content like Direct Access

I have already began reading up on the study links, and have once again read through my MS-Press book. I need to take another (first) practice exam since starting to restudy to see how bad off I really am compared to what I think I am.

Study plan:

1. Lunch time and any other down time at work (whats down time?)
2. Week nights - Hopefully I can spend an hour a night
3. Weekends - I would like to try at least 4 hours a day

I figure I should get at minimum 15 hours a week this way, if not more.
MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration

Comments

• Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I wonder if I can call Prometric to find out what I scored of the 83-640? When I took the exam over a year ago I didn't receive a score or print out, so had to suffer until my transcript updated...

Might have to give them a call and find out.
  • Options
    Already off to a bad start, but getting better. Last week was pretty rough, then being out of town all weekend didn't help. I plan on doing some labbing tonight though.
  • Options
    Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of lucks on your studies... It seems that you have your weak points figured out, Excellent starting point. What study materials are using other than microsoft press?
  • Options
    Ivanr4g63 wrote: »
    Best of lucks on your studies... It seems that you have your weak points figured out, Excellent starting point. What study materials are using other than microsoft press?

Beyond the MS-Press series I have been using the following:

Introducing Windows Server 2008 R2 (Free ebook: Introducing Windows Server 2008 R2 - Microsoft Press - Site Home - MSDN Blogs) Free e-book from Microsoft.

Mastering Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2

And I am using the sticky links for the 70-642 on the forum.

So far they have been doing good for me. I might look into picking up a 30 day access to MeasureUp or something along those lines too for updated practice exams.