Options

Applying on Dice.com

hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
Guys. I have been trying to apply for jobs on Dice.com, and I am not sure how it works exactly. Is it really a "one-click-instant-apply" or do I actually have to apply through the company's application page?

For example, let's say I want to apply for XYZ company, and I clicked on the job title that I wanted. It takes me to the job description page customized for XYZ. When I click on the Apply Now button, the page redirected to a page and said "Thank You for Your Interest." But the thing here is that it sometimes ask for additional information like my name, availability, and current employer information.

I know I sound paranoid, but for some reasons, I feel like they didn't get my application at all.

Comments

• Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    It depends on the company. I've applied to a few on Dice and some take you to their site, Motorola for example, and some you just put in your info and send it away.
  • Options
    Okay....I am guess this is another abandoned thread that should be going in the trash.

Dear Moderator,

Is there any way I can remove this thread I created since no one has made a reply here, and I have a feeling that no one would even bother noticing the thread since it will quickly disappear to the second page and beyond. There is no reason for me to keep commenting on my own thread to keep it alive until someone answers it. I want it taken down indefinitely. I never felt so humiliated here before icon_redface.gif Thanks.

EDIT: Oops! Never mind. Someone just arrived.
  • Options
    QHalo wrote: »
    It depends on the company. I've applied to a few on Dice and some take you to their site, Motorola for example, and some you just put in your info and send it away.

Man! That sucks. Wouldn't be nice if this was true for all companies? Now I have to apply through a third-party company, and the funny thing is I am actually applying from a third-party company. Thanks for the reply. Really appreciated it.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you see a posting on Dice, there's a chance it is also listed on the company's web site, so if you're paranoid go to the company's web site and apply there instead.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    The lazy admin in me simply wants to Hit APPLY > Attach Resume > SEND.

Some sites want you to go through the whole process of creating an acct, typing up your work history, ect. I assume if you really want the job you'd fill it out fully instead of just sending your resume but its a bit of a hassel to do. Even so, if it might potentially land you an interview you should do it.
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    The lazy admin in me simply wants to Hit APPLY > Attach Resume > SEND.

Some sites want you to go through the whole process of creating an acct, typing up your work history, ect. I assume if you really want the job you'd fill it out fully instead of just sending your resume but its a bit of a hassel to do. Even so, if it might potentially land you an interview you should do it.

... and then once you are called in for an interview, you have to fill out another application by hand.
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't forget that some have special instructions about applying like sending your resume to a certain person with a specific subject line while others have asked to call.
  • Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Personally, I've stopped going thru 3rd party websites and putting my resume on there. You will get a LOT of phone calls from recruiters. Easier to go and apply at the company website, but just don't go through "contracting" companies looking to make a buck.

Also trying indeed.com for job postings. Frankly I like them more than Dice.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I've always found DICE to have mostly senior jobs anyway...
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???