Options

Looking for SY0 - 301 exam material

SpencerClarkSpencerClark Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed my Network+ (840) and I want to move along to get my Security+ now. Since this is such a new exam what materials would someone recommend to use for this exam. It looks like their is an extreme overlap from 201, but I would like to hear from someone that has taken this exam what are the differences. And does the new exam change its focus.

I have passed the A+ and Network+ exams recents so I have a good grasp on how Comptia does its testing. Would someone say if it's harder or easier relative to the material to cover?

I see professor messor has some videos up but the series is not complete yet. I haven't seen much else available for the 301 yet. What are some people recommendation for guides, prep tests, books, etc.?

Thanks for your time! Good Luck and Cheers to all who take have taken on the endeavor of Security+!

Comments

• Options
    coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratrs on your passes bro! Update your list! :P I want to know the same thing tho.
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I just passed my Network+ (840) and I want to move along to get my Security+ now. Since this is such a new exam what materials would someone recommend to use for this exam. It looks like their is an extreme overlap from 201, but I would like to hear from someone that has taken this exam what are the differences. And does the new exam change its focus.

I have passed the A+ and Network+ exams recents so I have a good grasp on how Comptia does its testing. Would someone say if it's harder or easier relative to the material to cover?

I see professor messor has some videos up but the series is not complete yet. I haven't seen much else available for the 301 yet. What are some people recommendation for guides, prep tests, books, etc.?

Thanks for your time! Good Luck and Cheers to all who take have taken on the endeavor of Security+!

Start with the objectives from CompTIA.

The changes won't be that significant that you would be at a disadvantage using current printed material (Sybex or such). You'll likely want a couple sources regardless, so pickup a current print and wait a little for the newer material to release.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?