Am I ready?

brookerbrooker Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

I am trying to decide if I am ready to take this exam. I have been studying David Groths Sybex for a while now, I have been looking at the free studyguide on this site. I have been taking a lot of practice tests. Some I will get 90+ some others 70-80% range. If I have a decent understanding of the Sybex book and can answer most of the questions easily from that book and if I am comfortable with the free studyguide here do you think I am ready to try it? I do not have a lot of hands on, only every now and again with my job.

Comments

• jheal00jheal00 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The bottom line is that only you can answer the question if you are ready to take the exam or not. I took the exam 2 weeks ago and used the Technotes from this site and Mike Meyers All-in-One Network+ book. I am not familiar with David Groths Sybex book that you referrenced. I can say that I don't believe I encountered any questions on the test that were not covered in the Technotes. So, if you are "comfortable" with the Technotes you should be fine. By the way, I scored 846 on the test.
  • techboyjktechboyjk Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yea, the tech notes pretty much covered it all. at least 95% of it. So if you learn the technotes, it should be more than enough to pass. Just study the technotes and try the practice exams. Try taking more than one, aka go to some of the others linked to on this site. BTW, I got an 846 too.....
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    you should be good...Take the practice exams a few more times and go sit the test. You will do good.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA