Options

Got revenge on 640-802...Passed!

raptur2000raptur2000 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
After failing the 1st time by 24 points, I took it 6 days later and passed. Not the best score in the world, but a CCNA is a CCNA. From my experience with all of my tests (Microsoft/Comptia/Cisco) I believe that Cisco has the tougher test because they make sure that you know what your talking about. The hardest thing about this test to me is the time limit, it makes you be quick and decisive on what the problem is.

Im SO glad that I got a pass because I'm have been burned out with studying the last 4 months w/ college and fitting in the Security+ and CCNA (all self study).

I will say to all of the ppl looking to take the test I used the Sybex (Lammle) book, CBT Nuggets, and a small lab (1 Cisco 1811 router and 1 Cisco 2960 switch). You don't have to have a complex configuration to know what's going on and how it should look because the resources I listed do an EXCELLENT job of filling you in. Just make sure you practice hands on with basic configurations, ACLs, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, and all the troubleshooting commands (ie sh run, sh int, etc.).

Thanks to all you guys who encouraged me after the fail, I DID IT!

Comments

• Options
    binaryhatbinaryhat Member Posts: 129
    icon_cool.gifCongrats! Only 1 router and switch for your lab? Interesting
    Currently working on:
    ICND1 - TBD
    Book: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide
    Equipment: Packet Tracer, GNS3
    Supplement Material: Youtube, Google, Boson ExamSim-Max, CBTNuggets
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.... Good going!icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    raptur2000 wrote: »
    After failing the 1st time by 24 points, I took it 6 days later and passed. Not the best score in the world, but a CCNA is a CCNA. From my experience with all of my tests (Microsoft/Comptia/Cisco) I believe that Cisco has the tougher test because they make sure that you know what your talking about. The hardest thing about this test to me is the time limit, it makes you be quick and decisive on what the problem is.

Im SO glad that I got a pass because I'm have been burned out with studying the last 4 months w/ college and fitting in the Security+ and CCNA (all self study).

I will say to all of the ppl looking to take the test I used the Sybex (Lammle) book, CBT Nuggets, and a small lab (1 Cisco 1811 router and 1 Cisco 2960 switch). You don't have to have a complex configuration to know what's going on and how it should look because the resources I listed do an EXCELLENT job of filling you in. Just make sure you practice hands on with basic configurations, ACLs, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, and all the troubleshooting commands (ie sh run, sh int, etc.).

Thanks to all you guys who encouraged me after the fail, I DID IT!

Glad to see that you passed it.

I'm probably going to try for a Cisco cert or two, if only to get more "cans of coke" ... if you've been perusing these forums for a while, you know what post I'm talking about :) ... I just hope I don't get infected with the Cisco-mon virus, like "mikej412"
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    ATL-TECHATL-TECH Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    need MCITP SA before I attempt mine
  • Options
    -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
  • Options
    JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    raptur2000 wrote: »
    ....I DID IT!

Congratulations!