ADSL router needed ....

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
This is quite a mission. I am looking for an ADSL router which has built in VPN clients. I am using a Draytek 2920n at the moment with a site-2-site IPSec VPN, multiple PPTP VPN (out and in) and use various VPN clients on the client side (i.e. Sonicwall GVC).

The Drayteks are ok but have more issues than benefits and they only seem to add more buggy features with every upgrade instead of fixing existing ones.

Anyway, I looked at the Biac 7402nx but get mixed reviews and a test study we did in the office didn't end well either (honestly don't remember why).

Now what else is out there which has clients built in and has VPN passthrough ?

I am not THAT fussed about wireless as I can always throw and AP into the mix.

Cisco has some ADSL ones but they seem to be quite pricey so rather look at something more affordable (same price range as the Billion and Draytek one really).

Any tips are appreciated.
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    A Cisco 1841 integrated services style router with the advanced security package and an ADSL WIC is probably what you need. This shouldn't be too expensive, I see ISPs use them all the time.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No that expensive lol - i think the 877 or 867 is probably more suitable as I found out. But did more research and it seems that the Sonicwall TZ100W / Vigor120 combo does also what I need ....
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you looked at dd wrt? I don't really remember if it supports all that you are looking for, but I know it supports multipe SSIDs and LDAP integration. There are other firmwares out there too, it might be cheaper to throw a good firmware on one of those cheap routers than to go the hardware way.