2600xm adding an extra ethernet port

geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
Is the NM-1E the only way to add an ethernet port to a 2600xm?

Comments

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Not all NM cards work with the 2600's, but the NM-1E is not your only option. Search the Cisco site or work with a reliable vendor.
  • mensmens Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hey you can use the nm-1fe-tx card. It doesn't officially support it, but I use it on 5 of my 2620xm's. The ethernet driver it uses are the same as the one for the built-in fe-port.
  • darkshade9darkshade9 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Will this work on a 2610 non-xm?
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    If you have a serial module, can't you use a transceiver?
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    brad- wrote: »
    If you have a serial module, can't you use a transceiver?

No, a transciever is for an AUI interface, not a serial interface.
  • darkshade9darkshade9 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oddly enough, the NM-1E is not listed on that compatibility page (just NM-1E2W's and such). eBay has some NM-1E's that say they are compatible with 2600's
  • NCITNCIT Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a 2610xm and from what I have found only a NM-1E or NM-4E will work (officially). Search for a "Cisco 2600/3600/3700 Series LAN Connectivity Modules" and it is on page 7 of 8. I attached the page I am referring to.

I am studying for my first cert too so maybe someone with more experience will have something else to say.
  • geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
    "I have a 2610xm and from what I have found only a NM-1E or NM-4E will work (officially)."

That is what I am finding as well that is why I was asking.. Lots of options if u have a 3640/20..