Options

Mobile Apps

Anyone ever use the mobile apps for studying?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pearson.et.flashcards.he.ptg.cisco.microsoft_mcts70_9780132683982

I'd love to have some flash cards or some other stuff(not an entire book) on my phone for studying purpose, but I don't want to throw away $10 if they suck. Any know if these are any good? Or know of any other apps like this?

Comments

• Options
    mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    spartangtr wrote: »
    Anyone ever use the mobile apps for studying?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pearson.et.flashcards.he.ptg.cisco.microsoft_mcts70_9780132683982

I'd love to have some flash cards or some other stuff(not an entire book) on my phone for studying purpose, but I don't want to throw away $10 if they suck. Any know if these are any good? Or know of any other apps like this?
    While I haven't really ever used flash cards for studying, I have several friends that swear by it. Their success is probably due to the fact that rather than buying these app packs, they get together and make 300-400 of them with relevant terms/concepts (administrative distances of routing protocols, etc.) By the time they finish researching and creating the flash cards, they pretty well know the info on them :)

There are mobile apps that allow for easily creating/reviewing flash cards in the same manner as this app.

Sorry I can't be more helpful regarding the value of the content. I do know that the "cert flashcards" are offered by Pearson on iPhone as well, so maybe if you could find that particular app on iTunes it would have more reviews to reference.
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    I have used three different ones for my I-Phone CertFlashCards, Passport and Upward Mobility.

I really like Upward Mobility but CertFlashCards are pretty good also.

I would not use them as my main source for practice test but they are great at lunch or waiting at the Doctors office ect...
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I use Anki, which does have an Android version, for putting together flashcards for learning various IT related items as well as Japanese. I find it works pretty well as long as I stay on top of things. I prefer to make my own flashcards instead of using prepackaged ones as it makes me search out the requisite knowledge to begin with.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Im using Quizlet, which interfaces with various flashcard programs for Android, IOS, Blackberry, etc. I made my own cards, and I can view them on my laptop or on my Android phone.

Only drawback I have found, is that if you have some long descriptions or definitions, they do not display properly, and none of the programs for the various phones have the capability to scroll down.