Passed 70-647: The End

PovilasPovilas Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
Finally completed my EA quest! Actually before exam I was very unsure about my readiness for this exam, because I had only 3 weeks to prepare and it was short 3 weeks because I had work overtime at work. But I have been backed up with second shot, so decided to give a try.
What to say - exam was really hard. First part - 5 testlets, with 6-7 questions each and only 23 minutes for one testlet. This was first time when i run out of time. And questios wasn't very easy. Second part consisted of 19 questions as in other MS exams and looked like filling forms - easy.
I was bit shocked when read "congratulations - you passed" and score 812 was way above what I expected (expected something 650-710) icon_cheers.gif.

My preparation for this exam was only old MS Press book for 70-647 - hardly covers 50% material and Preplogic MegaGuide - also outdated and doesn't cover R2. No labing, no video, no anything else - had no time. I wasn't worth passing, but I guess it was my lucky day :D.
Anyways I'm glad this stage completed because it took already 11 months of my life to get ready and pass MCITP: SA, DBA '08 and EA.
2013 to do list:
[70-413] [70-414]

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on getting the EA completed!
    I just recently got this myself and have to agree about it being a hard exam. The testlets stressed me on the time limit as well, I got the 5 minute warning on every testlet and barely finished them in time. I found the MS Press book to be the most useful study tool as well although I also used the Mastering Server 2008 R2 and Server 2008 R2 Unleashed to study (As well as reading a lot of Technet articles)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well done!!

So are you grabbing a bit of a break or would you dive straight into the 290/291 tests?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    11 months in your quest is not bad to achieve what you have today! Sure it feels like an eternity but look at you EA now! I'm sure you're ready for a break in studies and such... have a cold one perhaps! lol

Great job, and congratulations...
  • PovilasPovilas Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    So are you grabbing a bit of a break or would you dive straight into the 290/291 tests?

Actually I have 290 already scheduled on 1 of June and was hoping to take 291 on 28 of June. Reason for this - my test center is closed on July an August and I don't want to wait till fall.
    But now I'm not sure because today I also got new job offer and I'm afraid I wouldn't able to ready in time and it's bit awkward to ask for day off on first week in new job :).
    2013 to do list:
    [70-413] [70-414]
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yupp I'd focus on the new job too, the certs can wait. Good luck with the new gig too!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and the job!
  • spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    Congrats! Well done! icon_cheers.gif

And good luck on the new job.

Sean
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Well Done! icon_thumright.gif

That exam sure is a real good old fashioned brain fryer....... :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog