Options

VTC or Train Signal Videos (70-642)

foxhenryfoxhenry Banned Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, any suggestions for training videos worth spending the time and money with. Which one is better for 70-642 mcts vtc videos or train signal?
any input is greatly appreciated. icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey

In my opnion I would go for the Trainsignal but if I have another choice as well I would combine the CBT nuggets 70-642 for it because cbt nuggets as I have noticed covers more in detail compared to trainsignal that only talks about 5-10 minutes theory then gets stuck in the practical.

hope that helps you.
  • Options
    newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    VTC videos are just for revision IMO, most of the topic videos are just like 5 minutes in length. Either Trainsignal or CBT Nuggets is better.
  • Options
    thank you guys, for your input. :)
  • Options
    ITVinceITVince Member Posts: 143
    I'm watching the nuggets now for 70-642 seem to be pretty comprehensive. I have the Microsoft Exam Prep book as well though because some topics he only briefly touches upon and needs more detaield explaination. icon_study.gif
    Currently studying for:
    MCTS 70-642 Network Infrastructure
  • Options
    seekritseekrit Member Posts: 103
    I have watched both the Trainsignal and CBT nuggets and I loved them both. If I had to choose between one or the other I would go with TrainSignal. It's a little longer, and the instructors handwriting & information slides are x10 better.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've heard good things about both. Just make sure your using more than one resource and more importantly more than one type of resource. The MS Press book is good for this test and also I should mention that you should supplement everything Microsoft with some technet research. Don't forget that the tests now cover 2008 R2 and get all your info updated to reflect R2.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    thanks you guys..currently watching VTC just to get some ideas what's on 70-642.. and reading win2k8 r2 book from MS. will watch train signal and cbt as well..

is 2 months enough preparation for this exam? what you think guys? ;)